What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording video while playing music

kennymartin164

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to record myself playing drums to an audio track on my iPad. What apps are best for this? I want the video to have the original song playing as well as the sound of the drums.

anthonyalves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps have limitatins

:ipad-keyboard:Video recording apps like iMovie, Splice record audio as well as video so the new drum sound would be captured with the video but however you cannot have that same app recording the audio output of another app say your music player on your iPad. The reason for this is that when an app loads into your iPad that uses the Audio input like the mic it mutes the output so that you don't get feedback from the internal speaker. This is a protection written into the APIs from the iOS SDK code. This loop cycle would destroy any recording so that protection cannot be by-passed. The only way th accomplish this is to play the pre-recorded music out a small stereo placed near the iPad so that the movie recording pics boyhood your new drum sound and the recording your trying to play to. Try placing the the speakers in different places in the room to find the best mix. Record multiple videos of these changes and choose the best sounding. That's all you can do with this idea you have.

Most reactions

Latest posts