What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording on iPad, from iPad.

nathane87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to record audio directly to iPad as it is produced on iPad?
I would like to record tracks using Propellerhead's app, 'Figure'. I have tried audiopasting into garageband but it only copies the initial 8 bar loop and I would like to record the audio directly to my iPad 3 as i create it.
Thanks in advance.

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think this is possible yet , although cant see any reason why it can't actually be done. There's a new App / Audio platform called Audiobus coming soon for ipad - if developers support it then directly recording the audio output of an app should be possible. Would be a very useful feature , as you say .

iPad 3 and iPod Touch 5 addict !

OP
N

nathane87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant! This looks like exactly the kind of thing I need. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Audiobus is released on 10th Dec for $9.99 and allows you to chain your music apps together , so you can play the keyboard on Nlog pro Synth and record the output with Multi Track Daw for example - This opens a whole new world of creative possibilities and is the most exciting thing to happen to iOS music making yet !

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It seems you have found your answer. There is an app that does this now, however. It is called Disp Recorder. It will do audio, video, and both. You start it, tell it to record, then send it to the background and start your other app. You will have to edit the result to get it just right.

This app is on sale right now in the App Store. I'm just a user of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts