What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend Some Books - newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got an ipad2. I am not much of a reader but now I am starting to like reading on the ipad2.

I like to get some recommendation on good books. If possible some free ones either for the kindle or the ibook apps.

Must read
Fiction
Romance
Thriller
Vampire
Short stories

Any other suggestion

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if you're going for free, Kipling is one of my favorite public domain authors.

The Jungle Book
The Second Jungle Book
Capatians Courageous
Kim

If you like Science Fiction or Fantasy (even though you did not list it) Baen.com has quite a few free books. No junk there either. It a selection of very good authors.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you feel like learning how to develop your own apps you can do so for free. Go to iTunes on your iPad, click on 'iTunesU' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', then scroll to Stanford. Scroll right through the courses and you'll find a two-part, 25 lectures per part, course on programming iPad apps. It's free and, by the end of the course, you'll be able to program some simple apps yourself. It's a great resource from one of the best Universities in the world.

Tim

rbkemp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read Hell House. Good horror book. Top ten scariest books of all time!

Vigor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And is there any free source I can get some fresh publications? :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And is there any free source I can get some fresh publications? :D

Current publications are unlikely to be free - unless they're commercially orientated - for example, the iPad User Guide. The majority of current fiction books will only be available through iBooks, Kindle etc since the authors rely on this source of revenue for their income and livelyhood.

Tim

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean free classics, read Dracula by Bram Stoker and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
A good free scifi series is by Lalonde, I think it's called Spinward Fringe.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of free Classics, if you have some time, there is The Three Musketeers. Fun by itself, and you can compare it to the upcoming movie version.

Especially at the Kindle store, there are sometimes specials on books, especially science fiction.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories and many of them are available free or very low cost in iBooks.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siddhartha is free on iBooks. One of my favorites.

Most reactions

Latest posts