What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons why people hate the ipad...debunked

Bbatelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, lets look at this rationally. Here are your issues with ipad and my response why they don't make sense.

iTunes required for uploading content--Not sure what the issues is here since this is a great application to maintain all content.
No Flash support in the web browser--Flash is dead. HTML5 is the future and most sites support both
Poor still cameras – though, really, this thing isn’t meant for taking candids--Really, other than facetime, why would you use the ipad to take pics/videos
No standard USB port--What would this bring? To access files? Ever hear of dropbox or box.net?
No kickstand – it cannot stand on a table without the help of a dock stand or a Smart cover--Buy a case
Non replaceable battery--I have had my ipod for 3 years now and use everyday. Battery is still working fine. Non-issue
No stereo loudspeakers--Buy a dock with speakers. It is not meant for hi-fi output
No GPS receiver for the Wi-Fi only version--
No memory card slot--Again, use dropbox or box.net to transfer files.
3G model uses micro-SIM, instead of a regular size SIM--And?
iPhone apps designed for HVGA resolution squander screen real estate or look pretty bad uspcaled--iphone apps are not meant for ipad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, lets look at this rationally. Here are your issues with ipad and my response why they don't make sense.

iTunes required for uploading content--Not sure what the issues is here since this is a great application to maintain all content.
No Flash support in the web browser--Flash is dead. HTML5 is the future and most sites support both
Poor still cameras – though, really, this thing isn’t meant for taking candids--Really, other than facetime, why would you use the ipad to take pics/videos
No standard USB port--What would this bring? To access files? Ever hear of dropbox or box.net?
No kickstand – it cannot stand on a table without the help of a dock stand or a Smart cover--Buy a case
Non replaceable battery--I have had my ipod for 3 years now and use everyday. Battery is still working fine. Non-issue
No stereo loudspeakers--Buy a dock with speakers. It is not meant for hi-fi output
iPhone apps designed for HVGA resolution squander screen real estate or look pretty bad uspcaled--iphone apps are not meant for ipad.

OK - for those of you who don't know what the above post is about, we just recently had a poster who had some pretty severe things to say about the iPad. Those are in black. This poster's responses are in red.

The original poster is no more - he has gone to that place in the underworld where all failed tablets reside...

Tim
Scotland

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - for those of you who don't know what the above post is about, we just recently had a poster who had some pretty severe things to say about the iPad. Those are in black. This poster's responses are in red.

The original poster is no more - he has gone to that place in the underworld where all failed tablets reside...

Tim
Scotland

The oracle has revealed that he was a Dell spy. Shall I call the Riddick to slay even his soul?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bbatelli said:

So what he was trying to say is: THIS IS THE BEST INVENTION SINCE WHEAT SLICED BREAD. I just forgot to take my Prozac so now my depression is outweighing my mania. It's so good that I can't even be happy enough!?!!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for the first question my Issue with Itunes is simple

I want to be able to to transfert exemple videos when im not at home

I'm aware of dropbox

But Like if my GF has a 720 video on her Laptop I would love to plug my ipad and send the video to it.

6gig on dropbox is alot and so is on the bandwith hehe

Install DiskAid,trial version, on GF laptop then just drag&drop the file and then use oPlayer from app store if native movie player won't play movie.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. You giving your opinion on issues that people have with the iPad "debunks" all of them? I'm going to try using this with my customers from now on and see how well it goes.

Reaction score
Someone in the previous thread asked for the troll spray but it got locked before I could post it
Here ya go
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1301673223465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1301673223465.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 354

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I found the other thread with the guy with the name that doesn't fit him, I think you sleighed his life.

I am glad he is banned.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. You giving your opinion on issues that people have with the iPad "debunks" all of them? I'm going to try using this with my customers from now on and see how well it goes.

All the moderators agreed that he was 'extreme' and was deliberately trying to provoke contentious conversation....

iPad Forum tries to keep this a friendly place -- PM me if you disagree and we can have a conversation about this....

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Give DiskAid a spin and see if its more to your liking. They have a trial version....but I spent the 10$.

Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Give DiskAid a spin and see if its more to your liking. They have a trial version....but I spent the 10$.

From what I understand does the OP prefer using iTunes to add content to the iPad, since OP's response is in red.

But otherwise Goodreader is a really good solution, especially the ability to add/remove files/folders wirelessly.

Last edited:

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't care less if someone hates the iPad. It's not my fault they're poor and can't afford to buy one. :). I'll be sure to throw some small change at them the next time I leave Starbucks ;)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

From what I understand does the OP prefer using iTunes do add content to the iPad, since OP's response is in red.

But otherwise Goodreader is a really good solution, especially the ability to add/remove files/folders wirelessly.

I like using diskaid to transfer contacts, voice mail & voice memo's, call history, text messages along with audio/video. And uses the 'file app sharing' similar to itunes. It also allows you to see the root folders/files on ipad. It's basically a pc version of the ifile app from cydia.

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of having to go through iTunes for certain things either. And a USB port would be nice. I don't think those criticisms are invalid.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm a longtime forum lurker and happy iPad 1 owner since day 1.

I will say that most of his criticisms were dead on. I agree with most of them. There are always ways to improve a product.

I was disheartened to see his real criticism overwhelmed by his ridiculous attitude. If he had just been quietly sensible we could have had a good discussion.

That being said, I won't debate all of the points but I agree with many of them and would have enjoyed telling him that while I agreed with almost everything he said I also felt that the iPad is the best tablet out there.

When someone creates hardware this good with a better infrastructure I will definitely be interested.

Gingerbread has some serious growing to do before it competes.

Most reactions

Latest posts