What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready to try a jailbreak!

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been scared of the jailbreak for some time, but after seeing this app:

MyProfiles - Customize Text, Email alerts on iPhone

And the possibility of using my ipad as a hotspot (so my husband on his wifi only iPad could surf too) has made me curious enough to do research. What I have learned is there is no jailbreak for iPad 2, 4.3.1 and everyone is waiting for it.

I always like to have the latest thing, so if course I have an iPad 2, with the most recent OS. DOH! :mad: :D

I understand why the hot spot sharing is a jailbreak item, Verizon and AT&T don't want that, they want more people on their contracts and plans...

But, why is the My Profiles app a jail break item? It seems "harmless" --right?

I guess I will join everyone else waiting!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been a fan of MyProfiles, but has suffered from a lack of attention from developers and also compatibility issues. I haven't used it for a few months, but can't check for you at the moment what the status is, because Amazon is currently having a major outage and this is where the apps are downloaded from...

Yes, it's "harmless", but it does things which Apple don't approve apps to do because it means they have to work outside of their "sandbox". Basically, letting an app control the settings of the phone is against their rules.. That's why it's a jailbreak app.

SBSchedule is also a good solution, and is better supported AFAIK.

Stay tunes the forum for iPad2 news. As soon as I'm able I'll let you know the status of MyProfiles.

Most reactions

Latest posts