What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random chime

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know why I’m getting random chimes from my Mini? I checked the “sounds” category in settings and couldn’t find anything.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go through Settings > Notifications. Look for apps that have Sound turned on. You can see this in the main list along with the app name. Turn off sounds and any other notifications you don’t want.

Not all apps offer all notification types.

OP
suenc

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it happen when other devices are receiving messages? I get alerts on my iPad and Apple Watch when I receive text messages and phone calls.
The chime is unlike any other sounds on my IiPad. It doesn’t seem to be associated with other devices, but I’ll continue to look for a connection.

OP
suenc

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go through Settings > Notifications. Look for apps that have Sound turned on. You can see this in the main list along with the app name. Turn off sounds and any other notifications you don’t want.

Not all apps offer all notification types.
I thought I turned off sounds on all of the listed apps, but I’ll check again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad also chimes when you plug it in to charge. I once had a problem where my iPad would randomly chime because the charging cable was making poor contact due to lint in the port. There were random seeming chimes, every time sometjing caused the cable to shift a bit.

Most reactions

Latest posts