What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rage

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a huge Doom fan in the early 90's ID software's Rage is a pretty cool FPS that works extremely well on an iPad. The controls are well placed and easy to use keeping up with the game play. The HD graphics and rendering speed are very fast and stutter free. Who would of thought the iPad could be a great gaming machine.:D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The potential is certainly there. Best of all Carmack has been on the Touch Arcade forums asking the gamers there how to improve it and suggestions what to put in the update.

Sadly I'm somewhat tired of zombies.......

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rage is a fantastic game, but I wish you had more control over movement rather than being an 'on the rails' shooter. Still, it is very cool!

OP
I

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rage is a fantastic game, but I wish you had more control over movement rather than being an 'on the rails' shooter. Still, it is very cool!

I agree it would be nice if you could stop to hit the targets and pick up things. I love dodging the bricks that the zombies throw!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, the rails is the biggest frustration, being dragged past ammo and health. I've learned to let the mutants live long enough to collect them, even if it means taking a pummeling, as once they're dead the game drags you onward. And personally, I like to poke around and explore environments. I'd gladly sacrific graphics quality for more control over movement, if they'd like to regress to an engine that wouldn't overtax the iPad hardware, like the one used for Doom II or Quake.

Fun game, however. Look forward to more levels.

PatrickTGM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rails bit can be a bit annoying, but it's still a great arcade shooter. It shows the graphical potential of the iPad and I for one cannot wait to see what more we can expect in the future.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rails bit can be a bit annoying, but it's still a great arcade shooter. It shows the graphical potential of the iPad and I for one cannot wait to see what more we can expect in the future.

Have you tried the update released last week? I like the improvement to the hit status (you can now tell what direction the attacks are from) but they've also increased the difficulty on Hard and Nightmare - I can no longer get thru the Bunker level in Nightmare mode. I haven't tried the Mirror levels yet.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put Rage on my iPhone.....window mode makes it so while you are still railed in movement you can turn 360º.....by literally turning 360º! It tracks your movement with the Gyro! Really wish iPad had that feature! Super cool!

Most reactions