What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radiation level for ipad 2

yewwing1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all ......... since I just bought an iPAD 2 and most of the time, my kid is playing with it. Just wondering whether is it safe to let the kid to play in long hours in front of ipad? What about the radiation level? Safe for long hrs ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does not have an 'old fashioned' cathode ray tube, when there was some concern about potential X-radiation from the electrons in the tube hitting the screen. The iPad has an LCD-type screen that emits no perceptible radiation. In addition, like all modern electronic equipment, it has passed all the necessary international standards for electromagnetic emissions. As far as can be ascertained, there is no danger from extended use of the iPad.

Tim

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends on when Apple received the parts in yours from Japan. As sneaky as Japan it wouldn't surprise me if they try and slip some high radiation parts into shipments sent out of the country.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on when Apple received the parts in yours from Japan. As sneaky as Japan it wouldn't surprise me if they try and slip some high radiation parts into shipments sent out of the country.

I suppose all the recently shipped Japanese cars, cameras, lenses, copiers, flash memory, etc. are actually sneaky nuclear weapons ready to blow at any time.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I suppose all the recently shipped Japanese cars, cameras, lenses, copiers, flash memory, etc. are actually sneaky nuclear weapons ready to blow at any time.

Seriously.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yewwing1972 said:
Hi all ......... since I just bought an iPAD 2 and most of the time, my kid is playing with it. Just wondering whether is it safe to let the kid to play in long hours in front of ipad? What about the radiation level? Safe for long hrs ?

you're not serious, are you?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Reaction score

Just stock up on some foil to make a nice hat. It'll be fine.
Yes I wouldn't put it past Japan to still ship parts that were exposed to the radiation, though I don't think many of the factories surrounding the nuclear plants survived the ocean wave that caused the radiation leaks.
If it were China I would expect the underhanded tactics plus put some lead paint on top to shield the radiation meters in the shipping ports :D
Tim, once again , thank you for the information. Aspasia, thank you also.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I guess I'm not the only one who don't trust them sense uncle Sam has stationed agents at all the major ports checking for just this.
Besides look at all the sneaky stuff Toyota has pulled on their customers, or Mitsubishi who sent a bunch of their executives to jail for warranty issues.

Last edited:

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yewwing1972 said:

you're not serious, are you?

Why wouldn't he be? Every electronic device emits some level of radiation even when it's off.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
otacon said:
Why wouldn't he be? Every electronic device emits some level of radiation even when it's off.

surely, it's not even an issue worth addressing in concern to the iPad...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
otacon said:

Uhm, what kind of 'radiation' exactly?

Most reactions

Latest posts