What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick goodreader app question

f(x)

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Loving the iPad and using it mostly to assimilate PDF to read at my leisure. I use goodreader, it does everything I need, but I have a question.

When I open a PDF in safari on the iPad I put the g in the URL to open it in gr. However many times, especially when I access the PDF through my academic institution login (for scientific articles), the PDF opens in what looks like a webpage with frames, with the PDF occupying only some of the screen. I don't know how to save these in gr. Placing the g doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be a way to capture the PDF from the page it is embedded in.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't duplicate it. Is it possible to provide a link to a problem pdf?

Also I noticed that after the pdf is displayed in Safari you can tap on it to get an action bar. The bar includes an Open in option. GoodReader even gets it's own Open in button.

:D Checking off "learn something today" in my todo list.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I can't duplicate it. Is it possible to provide a link to a problem pdf?

Also I noticed that after the pdf is displayed in Safari you can tap on it to get an action bar. The bar includes an Open in option. GoodReader even gets it's own Open in button.

:D Checking off "learn something today" in my todo list.

Thanks. Me too. Very nice to have the full list of available possibilities to ooen in to read pdfs.

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome.

f(x), I forgot to mention, GoodReader has a built in browser. You can probably get a clean pdf by using it to visit the site and do the download. Just copy and paste the link form Safari over to the GoodReader browser.

Most reactions