What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queuing at the Apple Store

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on queuing at the Apple Store to get the new iPad? I want to buy 2 iPad 4s and one mini. Normally the rule is your only allowed to purchase 2 iPads..Does this apply when it's a different product? I hope I can get 3 iPads.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow--3 iPads! Doing a little Christmas shopping? ;) I have heard that there is a limit of purchasing iPads, but not sure if they hold to that. The number I heard is 5 was the limit, but I could be wrong. Never purchased more than one at a time for myself.

Let us know how it goes for you! I love all that excitement!! :)

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Wow--3 iPads! Doing a little Christmas shopping? ;) I have heard that there is a limit of purchasing iPads, but not sure if they hold to that. The number I heard is 5 was the limit, but I could be wrong. Never purchased more than one at a time for myself.

Let us know how it goes for you! I love all that excitement!! :)

I'm only purchasing 3 due to the fact I received full refunds on the 2 iPad 3s I owned and my daughter would like an ipad mini for Christmas. She has sold her itouch and kindle so Im not spending anymore than £50. If its 5 that's great! Will let you know how I get on xxx

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it really depends on where you live....

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in London. There hasn't been anyone queuing this time which is strange. They normally queue 5 days before

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on queuing at the Apple Store to get the new iPad? I want to buy 2 iPad 4s and one mini. Normally the rule is your only allowed to purchase 2 iPads..Does this apply when it's a different product? I hope I can get 3 iPads.

OK.....I must be stupid. OK, Don't answer that!
But I have no idea what "Queuing" means? :eek:

I looked it up:
Queue(ky
oomacr.gif
)
n.
1. A line of waiting people or vehicles.
2. A long braid of hair worn hanging down the back of the neck; a pigtail.
3. Computer Science a. A sequence of stored data or programs awaiting processing.
b. A data structure from which the first item that can be retrieved is the one stored earliest.
Since I sort of doubt it's #2, I'll assume you mean definition #1. :p
There might be lines for the iPad mini but I doubt for the iPad 4.......not a big enough change.

I need to seriously get smarter, or something. :confused:

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lmao!! I had no idea the word "queuing" would cause such confusion lol. Is it only the the British that queue? Lol

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
Lmao!! I had no idea the word "queuing" would cause such confusion lol. Is it only the the British that queue? Lol

Maybe I should have posted "wait in line". I had no idea the word "queue" is not used in America. This has made my family chuckle :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK.....I must be stupid. OK, Don't answer that!
But I have no idea what "Queuing" means? :eek:

I looked it up:
Queue(ky
oomacr.gif
)
n.
1. A line of waiting people or vehicles.
2. A long braid of hair worn hanging down the back of the neck; a pigtail.
3. Computer Science a. A sequence of stored data or programs awaiting processing.
b. A data structure from which the first item that can be retrieved is the one stored earliest.
Since I sort of doubt it's #2, I'll assume you mean definition #1. :p
There might be lines for the iPad mini but I doubt for the iPad 4.......not a big enough change.

I need to seriously get smarter, or something. :confused:

No, it's actually the provision of a lot of spy and weapons gadgets by Q to James Bond. M to JB "So that's your mission, so get yourself down to the basement, see Q, and get some Queing done"
Regards, Andrew

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I should have posted "wait in line". I had no idea the word "queue" is not used in America. This has made my family chuckle :)

Some of us americans have been exposed to folks from other parts of the world, believe it or not. I learned this use of the word "queue" many years ago, though I would not use it to refer to people waiting in a line.(I am american, after all)...but I say stuff like "queue up" or "queless". :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm from Canada and I've queued for movies when I was younger. I hope you get the number of iPads you are hoping for.

Most reactions

Latest posts