What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on iPad 2 email filters

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to apply filters (or rules if it's like Outlook) to filter out junk email in the standard iPad email tool or is there another email app available for the iPad 2 that will allow such filters?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid there is no way that you can add filters/mail rules in the iPad's Mail app or, as far as I'm aware, other third-party apps. These rules need to be added on your service provider's email server - perhaps using web mail to set up the rules. The iPad's Mail app is, more-or-less, simply a window into your service provider's email server and it does not provide any of the functions that you have in, for instance, Windows Mail. So you cannot create folders in Mail, you need to create them on your email server and then the iPad will reflect them (if you're using the IMAP mail protocol).

Tim

jamshedpur543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cant filter juck mail and there is no email app for ipad 2 but i think ipad 3 has solve this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts