What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question concerning ipad3 and saving movies. Please help.

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello i currently own ipad3 16gb and iam trying to save some movies but was wondering if there is any other way to save movies to itunes and view through there so i wont use up memory or only way is to save to ipad. Any suggestions or ideas would be of big help.

Thanks so much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adrian23 said:
Hello i currently own ipad3 16gb and iam trying to save some movies but was wondering if there is any other way to save movies to itunes and view through there so i wont use up memory or only way is to save to ipad. Any suggestions or ideas would be of big help.

Thanks so much.

Movies that you have purchased are in your iTunes purchased list and can be deleted from your iPad and re-downloaded at any time. Only the movies you wish to watch right now need be on the iPad. Other movies can be stored in iTunes in the cloud, available for re-downloading through your movies purchased list whenever you choose.

Movies from your iTunes purchased list can also be downloaded to your computer and viewed through the player in your iTunes account.
Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

image-2569652114.jpgThis is part of my movies purchased list.

image-71915170.jpgThis is a movie currently on my iPad. Tapping the watch button will start playback. It is also visible in the videos app on your home screen.

image-2055048728.jpgThis is a movie that I have purchased, that is not currently on my iPad. Tapping the cloud symbol will download it to my iPad for viewing.

Last edited:

charliko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very similar issue. I am putting some webinairs into itunes but they are not showing up when I sync.

OP
A

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movies that you have purchased are in your iTunes purchased list and can be deleted from your iPad and re-downloaded at any time. Only the movies you wish to watch right now need be on the iPad. Other movies can be stored in iTunes in the cloud, available for re-downloading through your movies purchased list whenever you choose.

Movies from your iTunes purchased list can also be downloaded to your computer and viewed through the player in your iTunes account.
Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

View attachment 29208This is part of my movies purchased list.

View attachment 29209This is a movie currently on my iPad. Tapping the watch button will start playback. It is also visible in the videos app on your home screen.

View attachment 29210This is a movie that I have purchased, that is not currently on my iPad. Tapping the cloud symbol will download it to my iPad for viewing.

Ok so the icloud button is for a quick download straight to ipad which can be used without web connection right? My main concern was being able to watch movies without internet connection at times cause i only have a wifi only ipad. So basically just save as many movies via itunes then download via icloud button then erase so i dont consume to much memory. Iam i understanding this correctly? my only concern is will i need a wifi connection if away from home to excess itunes account? Also ive added a few downloaded movies from other places which ive added to itunes but only the ones from itunes show while iam viewing account with ipad and not all. why is that?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The use of iCloud requires an Internet connection as the data stored there is located on Apple servers.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes your itunes only working when internet is working too unless if you already save your movies in it but if you have other movies from other places and its not doing playback in itunes perhaps its because the format is incompatible with itunes so you can try to use other app maybe like vlc media player and see if its working as long you save your movies and put in under vlc app :ipad-movie:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
there are others ways just as getting an Air Stash, but you need a way to generate content if you go that route.

Most reactions