What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about web data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonkay182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings at Safari there is a tab for Web data. They appear to be a list of web sites. What are they, and what would happen if I deleted them?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Web Data" is a list of sites that you've visited, links to sites that you've visited that were opened, and associated content including cookies. This allows Safari to load these sites faster the next time they're visited as a majority of the content is usually static, so Safari only downloads and displays any data that's changed. You could delete this data without any negative impact...other than those same sites loading a little slower the next time you visit them.

You can delete the data from within the Advanced area or in Safari's settings by tapping "Clear Cookies and Data".

synergy777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Question Regarding Website Data @ Safari Settings

Could anyone please tell me if this website list is in any specific order? It is definitely not alphabetical. Perhaps most recent on top? Also, it shows KB downloaded but is there any way to see specific pages (aside from the standard History)? What I'm primarily interested in is the dates. Thank you in advance for any help! Happy Holidays!

liz7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Synergy,
Did you ever receive an answer to this question? I would really like to know the answer...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Synergy,
Did you ever receive an answer to this question? I would really like to know the answer...

The member Synergy made one post in these forums, well over a year ago. I doubt he'll answer you. It's best if you start a new thread for your question, rather than tacking it onto a thread this old. With that, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions