What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about video

toetde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a newbie iPad user. This is my first Apple's product that i ever have. I've been play around with it about 3 weeks, and till now i still don't understand how to download movies from iTunes. When i tap Video icon at home screen, it ell me to download video from iTunes. But when i click the link, it says Cannot connect to iTunes. But i can open appstore seamlessly.. Can anyone help me please..
Thank you

doggyranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you Connecting to the itunes store via wifi or synching with a pc/Mac?

OP
T

toetde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
doggyranger said:
Are you Connecting to the itunes store via wifi or synching with a pc/Mac?

I connected via wifi...

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
toetde said:
Hi, i'm a newbie iPad user. This is my first Apple's product that i ever have. I've been play around with it about 3 weeks, and till now i still don't understand how to download movies from iTunes. When i tap Video icon at home screen, it ell me to download video from iTunes. But when i click the link, it says Cannot connect to iTunes. But i can open appstore seamlessly.. Can anyone help me please..
Thank you

Do not use the Video app, use the iTunes app to do the actual purchasing. The Video app will remain empty until you download through iTunes app or via your PC/Mac iTunes.

OP
T

toetde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Do not use the Video app, use the iTunes app to do the actual purchasing. The Video app will remain empty until you download through iTunes app or via your PC/Mac iTunes.

But i can't open iTunes..it always said "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Close background apps by double tapping home key, press and hold any icon that appears in bottom task bar, press red x that appears on each icon when they start to wobble. This closes, does not delete app. Close all of them.

Then restart iPad. Press and hold power button until power off slider appears then slide it to power off the iPad. It may take a moment or two to power down if memory is taxed.

Restart iPad.

Attempt to access iTunes.

If problem persists go to settings, general, restrictions, and make sure no restrictions are active that could prohibit iTunes access.

If restrictions are disabled then try settings, store, and sign out of the store then sign back into the store, and view account to assure there isn't a problem with the account.

If all of these fail I would suggest signing into store with another ID to see if problem persists.

Good luck

OP
T

toetde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Close background apps by double tapping home key, press and hold any icon that appears in bottom task bar, press red x that appears on each icon when they start to wobble. This closes, does not delete app. Close all of them.

Then restart iPad. Press and hold power button until power off slider appears then slide it to power off the iPad. It may take a moment or two to power down if memory is taxed.

Restart iPad.

Attempt to access iTunes.

If problem persists go to settings, general, restrictions, and make sure no restrictions are active that could prohibit iTunes access.

If restrictions are disabled then try settings, store, and sign out of the store then sign back into the store, and view account to assure there isn't a problem with the account.

If all of these fail I would suggest signing into store with another ID to see if problem persists.

Good luck

Hi Midranger4, i've been doing all of your instruction, but it still cannot connect to iTunes.
Is there any limitation for some country so they cannot acces iTunes store? My country is Indonesia.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toetde said:
Hi Midranger4, i've been doing all of your instruction, but it still cannot connect to iTunes.
Is there any limitation for some country so they cannot acces iTunes store? My country is Indonesia.

My apologies for not following up on your question sooner.

If you can access the iTunes store and are still receiving the cannot connect to iTunes store when attempting to download your purchased media I suspect a DNS issue is causing your grief. I am not familiar with Indonesia ISP policies/restrictions that may very well be actively blocking your ability to obtain the media. I suppose it is also feasible Apple may be prohibiting your ability to download the media as well based on copyright laws here in the US.

If you are determined, technically proficient, and willing, there are workarounds for basic ISP blocking techniques. It is usually IP address based policies or port blocking that is the obstacle. Proxy servers can eliminate such obstacles with relative ease. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts