What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Shipping Dates

discipulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I ordered my new iPad on March 12, 2012. I was given shipping time 2-3 weeks. On the invoice it said ships on April 2. That was exactly 3 weeks from my order date. Would it be unreasonable for me to expect Apple to ship it out before that date? Or are they going to ship it on April 2 like they originally said?

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
discipulus said:
Hello All,

I ordered my new iPad on March 12, 2012. I was given shipping time 2-3 weeks. On the invoice it said ships on April 2. That was exactly 3 weeks from my order date. Would it be unreasonable for me to expect Apple to ship it out before that date? Or are they going to ship it on April 2 like they originally said?

I would give them a call. I ordered on March 11th and mine will be here tomorrow, minus all the problems I've been reading about, hopefully.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

OP
D

discipulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did call them, and they said they can't guarantee anything outside of what the web site says; however, the rep did give me a free leather smart cover :-D

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to say but I can tell you that my iPad1 was pre- ordered on the first date and arrived on release date even though the
Web site info said it would come a week later. Nice to give you the cover.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep checking the tracking info,if the delivery date is revised it will show up there.

buggerme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible they will ship it before that date. They always give a safe-date.

OP
D

discipulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the status today and they changed it to preparing for shipment and hit my credit card. How long until it actually ships?

Azhepcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, we all know and we could tell you...but where's the fun in that? Just keep checking that status and your email 'till it ships. It's all part of the fun.

OP
D

discipulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
You can always cancel and go get one. They are in stock pretty much everywhere

I would, but I have a $100 coupon only valid online, so I'd rather wait.

To everyone else, it shipped!!! Straight from China! Can't wait to get it! Says it'll be here on Monday.

OP
D

discipulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I'm tracking it with FedEx and it says that it was scanned in Memphis, TN on March 28 at 10:20 PM. Are they pre-updating their tracking website with information?

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
discipulus said:
I did call them, and they said they can't guarantee anything outside of what the web site says; however, the rep did give me a free leather smart cover :-D

Be patient. It'll get to you. Plus, you already got $60 for free...

Most reactions