What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about prepaid data on AT&T

Leo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if someone asked and answered on another thread.
I have question about prepaid data for 2GB when I need prepaid data of 2GB how I can buy that ? I see there is only postpaid deal on ipad when you ready to setup account with at&t what I missing. Sorry I don't know anything about this so I should better ask before I make wrong move. Also if you not use all data in the month you paid did you lose leftover data or you can use few months what you pay month before till you use all?

Thanks

Sent from my android galaxy s phone using iPad Forums

OP
L

Leo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thing I am new here and no clue about apple OS.

Be nice I am new here coming from Android OS :))))

Thanks

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, we are always nice:D. I have AT&T and I pay $15 a month ~ I forget how much I pay for ~ how bad is that! But no, if you don't use it all in one month, it does not roll over. It renews every 30 days. But you can stop it and start it whenever you want.

Have you signed up on your iPad yet?

OP
L

Leo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I haven't sign yet I'll use it when I go somewhere to travel but otherwise I don't need it all the time especially I have phone and wifi access at a work and home.
So if I want 2gb or 250mb I need sign to account buy and soon as I close to use all data I need contact them every time to cancel or they charge you once for that month? Is there options to not set automatically charging the once you end with that month just when I need it.
Also do I need be on wifi to buy the data or I can be away of wifi and buy if I have available at&t signal?
Sorry if I bothering you.

Thank you........!:)))))
Leo

OP
L

Leo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello anyone there? :))))

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello anyone there? :))))

When I got over my dilemma choosing between wifi and 3G. Another dilemma came and the question was, what is the best data plan for my iPad 2 3G? I was torn between pre-paid and post paid. I came across a website that post paid is the overall deal breaker. The pros for post paid was that if you go over 2gb, you are only charge for 10.00 for additional 1 gb whereas as pre-paid, if you go over it 25.00 for additional 2gb.

Post paid - 25.00 = 2gb
Overage - 10.00 = 1 gb
----------------------------

Pre paid - 25.00 = 2gb
Overage - 25.00 = 2gb
------------------------------

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Leo! I was having my own AT&T issues.

So ~ we can go over our allotted data plan? And its $10 a GB? Oh Hell No.

That's still not bad. Its still beats paying 10.00 than being obligated to pay 25.00 for 2 gb. I have the post paid and never gone over 1gb yet. I also bought this one app " download meter for 3g/wifi/edge for easy way of monitoring my data usage. It's very helpful.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Leo! I was having my own AT&T issues.

So ~ we can go over our allotted data plan? And its $10 a GB? Oh Hell No.

That's still not bad. Its still beats paying 10.00 than being obligated to pay 25.00 for 2 gb. I have the post paid and never gone over 1gb yet. I also bought this one app " download meter for 3g/wifi/edge for easy way of monitoring my data usage. It's very helpful.

Thanks for sharing that! Well today I just got an email and a pop up telling me I had only 20%, 48MB left and three days to go before it renews.

I never have gotten that warning before ~ I am glad I did!

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Leo! I was having my own AT&T

Thanks for sharing that! Well today I just got an email and a pop up telling me I had only 20%, 48MB left and three days to go before it renews.

I never have gotten that warning before ~ I am glad I did!

I forgot to mention the app was 1.99. Well worth having and is user friendly.
This app tells you how much you can use per day. The less you use your data the more data recommends it per day. I think I'm at 78.2 mb per day. It's really cool app and is right in your home screen.

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the app was 1.99. Well worth having and is user friendly.
This app tells you how much you can use per day. The less you use your data the more data recommends it per day. I think I'm at 78.2 mb per day. It's really cool app and is right in your home screen.

Thank you, this app is exactly what i need.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I haven't sign yet I'll use it when I go somewhere to travel but otherwise I don't need it all the time especially I have phone and wifi access at a work and home.
So if I want 2gb or 250mb I need sign to account buy and soon as I close to use all data I need contact them every time to cancel or they charge you once for that month? Is there options to not set automatically charging the once you end with that month just when I need it.
Also do I need be on wifi to buy the data or I can be away of wifi and buy if I have available at&t signal?
Sorry if I bothering you.

Thank you........!:)))))
Leo

Leo, you can set up an account at AT&T and manage it online. Only problem is that they assign your iPad a phone number and will want to text your password to you. Obviously that won't work, so you'll have it request they send it via snail mail (they won't send it via email for security reasons).

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Post Paid you have to call in to cancel. With Pre Paid you may cancel at your own convenience.

OP
L

Leo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sorry that I didn't respond earlier I was travel.
Thank you all for your answers and advices to help me better understand AT&T services.
Everything is really helpful and thank you again for your time.

Leo

Most reactions

Latest posts