What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about month-to-month service

Mark29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't yet own an iPad, but still researching. I do have a few questions about the month-to-month service that pertains to either Verizon or AT&T.

How difficult is it to "turn off" the service for a given month and turn it back on - is the service automatically renewed? Are there connection fees each time?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's super easy to turn on and off and there's no connection fee. Go to Cellular data in settings and then to My Account. Start with the $14.99 plan--you can always add more if that's not enough.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a proration if you only use, say, half of what you signed up for during the month?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, any unused data "times out" at the end of the month. That's how they keep you "on the horse".

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on AT&T. If you don't cancel it, then it automatically renews when your month is up. They send you an email confirmation every month if you let it auto-renew.

Love the auto-renew, because it would be a hassle for me to renew every month. I want 3G till they load me and my iPad into a casket, lol.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm on AT&T. If you don't cancel it, then it automatically renews when your month is up. They send you an email confirmation every month if you let it auto-renew.

Love the auto-renew, because it would be a hassle for me to renew every month. I want 3G till they load me and my iPad into a casket, lol.

This is good to know. I don't have the need to set up the 3G data plan on my iPad yet, but when I do it's nice to know that I can set the data plan up for auto-renewal and not have to worry about it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions