What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about loading pictures onto iPad.

Tom L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently taken about 1000 pictures with a digital camera and transferred all of them to my iPad. Next I loaded all the pictures from my camera onto my desktop computer. I have selected about 100 of the best pictures and eliminated the rest off of my computer. Now I would like to add those 100 best pictures back to my iPad to be able to show friends. I transferred the 100 pictures to a SD card and attempted to load them to my iPad,( with the Apple adapter ) but that didn't work. I double checked, and they are on the SD card and I can view them with my desktop computer. However, when I attempt to review the pictures I just put onto the SD card, my camera will not recognize them. Don't know why Is there a way to send those 100 best pictures back to my iPad ? The only way I have found is to remove the 900 pictures I don't want, but that is a long process. I hope I have clearly explained what I am attempting to do. Any help will be appreciated. Tom L

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried to use iTunes on your PC to sync back the 100 photos to the iPad directly? Try this method if you continue to run into brick walls using the Camera Connection Kit.

When using the CCK, the iPad is looking for the photos to be in a folder called DCIM. If the folder set-up and naming convention does not match what a typical digital camera outputs, the iPad will not accept them.

OP
T

Tom L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that did it !! I created a folder named DCIM and placed the best pictures into it. I was able to transfer them to my iPad.

Many thanks.

Tom L

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tom L said:
I think that did it !! I created a folder named DCIM and placed the best pictures into it. I was able to transfer them to my iPad.

Many thanks.

Tom L

Awesome! Amazing the tips you pick up whilst browsing this forum.

OP
T

Tom L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe how fast I received your response and well it worked. Just by creating a new folder named DCIM on my desktop and placing my desired pictures in that folder, and transferring that folder to a SD card, I was able to import them into a new album on my iPad.
I am really impressed with the knowledge and tips I can receive by posting on a forum. I just joined it today, and already I have received some valued assistance.
With appreciation.
Tom L

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let hope the trend continues for you!

There are a lot of helpful people here. This is my favorite forum in terms of civil discussion and helpfulness.

Most reactions