What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about 3g sim card while traveling out of country

midlifemudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am living in Canada and planning a trip to California in the near future.Is it possible to wait till I am there,drop into an AT&T dealer while I am there,and purchase a sim card and a 1 mth plan,rather than purchase one in Canada before I go,and pay roaming fees (if that applies)....I am pretty new at this data plan stuff...I apologize if it sounds like a dumb question.....thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all, I asked the same thing. Yes you can wait until you get there, they do have prepaid sim phone cards available. For an iPad you have to join a plan and remember to cancel it before you leave. If you go to an Apple store they will give you a free sim for the iPad, then while you're there get on the net and sign up with a credit card. Enjoy your trip!

Most reactions

Latest posts