What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queries on goodreader

khun84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting GOODREADER on my ipad, however there are two issues that i concern of, whick im seeking for clarification here, before i purchase it:

1. How does it behave in jpg browsing? Does it support finger swipe gesture in photo browsing? I tried FILEAPP and i have to tap the "next" icon when i wish to browse the next photo. Its not very convinient as swiping on the big screen which is apparently much easier and faster.

2. How does the file search function works? I tried the USB DISK and quite disappointed with its file search ability. It only able to search the folder you currently browsing, not a powerful search function im expecting. FILEAPP does better in this aspect.

Hope that you guys out there that have purchased this apps could clarify my doubts. Ive been searching whole day in itunes for apps that would meet both conditions but most the good file browser are paid apps, cant run a trial on it. Many thx and cheers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP
K

khun84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx, i think i found the answer. Thx for ur clu, cheers..

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not too much in to reading on the iPad, so excuse me if my question sounds stupid but I believe even Kindle gives a APP for E-Reading so what is the diference between between a Kindle and this APP GOODREADER ? How is it different from Kindle ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not too much in to reading on the iPad, so excuse me if my question sounds stupid but I believe even Kindle gives a APP for E-Reading so what is the diference between between a Kindle and this APP GOODREADER ? How is it different from Kindle ?

The Kindle app is an app to read electronic books from Amazon. That is its only function.

The Goodreader app is a files management app. With it you can read, edit, e-mail, etc. documents, create a file system, view photos, use an FTP client to save or transfer to your computer, create folders for a filing system, view your online storage, wtch videos, listen to music, etc.

In essence, Goodreader has been called the Swiss Army knife of apps. It can do a lot! Oh, except it can't read DRM books from Amazon. :)

I hope that clarifies it a bit.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vish26 said:

Big difference. For starters, you can get a synopsis of what Goodreader does if you look it up in the AppStore. Have a look there-should give you detail of what it can do.

OP
K

khun84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought goodreader yesterday. After playing around with it, there are 2 issues that im not very satisfied with, in which i think the developer might (or should indeed) improve it in the future:
1. The browsing of jpg doesnt come as smooth as i expected. It will buffer for about 1 sec before i can see the next img.
2. The jpg rendering is Awful. It just literally blow up the pixel when i zoom the jpg. I tried to compare the zooming of jpg by using fileapp and usb disk, both gave me a distinct result in which the zoomed jpg has a sharper resolution.

Most reactions

Latest posts