What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased tomtom app not working with iOS6

HansEngelhardt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To quick for my own good I installed iOS6 on my iPad 2 yesterday morning. A month ago I purchased the tomtom app and the Bad Elf GPS and everything was working perfectly, good voice sound (except for the annoying “Motorway†instead of Freeway) a very good picture and fast map up-date from the “Bad Elfâ€.
And then I installed iOS6 and now NO tomtom, all I get is ‘Poor GPS Reception’. The Bad Elf part works, good position accuracy, 8 out of 12 satellites and the map. Has anyone else had a similar experience and any suggestions?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums..... First Tom Tom is responsible motorway instead of freeway. I agree it's annoying but that is life.
In respect to the issue of it not working after upgrading that issue is a Tom Tom problem and most likely be addressed in an update to support iOS 6. You could try deleting the App then reinstall it. ( it will be free) that may resolve the issue. I also suggest phoning TomTom and ask them when an update will be ready.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Vegbrain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To quick for my own good I installed iOS6 on my iPad 2 yesterday morning. A month ago I purchased the tomtom app and the Bad Elf GPS and everything was working perfectly, good voice sound (except for the annoying “Motorway” instead of Freeway) a very good picture and fast map up-date from the “Bad Elf”.
And then I installed iOS6 and now NO tomtom, all I get is ‘Poor GPS Reception’. The Bad Elf part works, good position accuracy, 8 out of 12 satellites and the map. Has anyone else had a similar experience and any suggestions?
I can't get Bad Elf to work with any of my map apps since I upgraded to iOS6, including TomTom. I've emailed Bad Elf, I hope they can quickly work on this problem. This applies to my iPad only, Bad Elf still works fine on my iOS6 iPhone.

OP
H

HansEngelhardt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, done it again, pushed the wrong button and lost what’ve typed. Again, thanks Col.Bris, have spoken and also emailed tomtom and I guess I will get an answer eventually. Foe Vegbrain, my BadElf is fully functional, got the Ver. 2.0212 App. installed and I get 7 out of 12 satellites in my office. The only other thing that I can think of is to reinstall iOS 5.1 via the Itunes Store does anyone know if this is possible?

Most reactions