What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased books in the iBooks folder

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
I have a couple recipe books I want to move out of the iBooks folder but it won't let me. I want to move them to a new folder called COOKING, Any ideas on how to do this? I held my finger on it and it will give me black X but I can't move it and it doesn't jiggle. The only thing I can do with it is delete it. But when I download it again, it automatically puts it in the iBooks library. Is this something I'm just going to have to live with?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the book showing, tap on the Edit button at the top right. Tap once on the book to checkmark it. Now tap on the Move button; top left. You'll get the list of your collections. Tap on the one you want it moved to.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or were you trying to move it out of the iBooks app alltogether? You can't do that. Books purchased in the iBooks Store (except for some free ones) are copy protected and can not be read in any app except iBooks.

OP
diannenet

diannenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.speedyspetparadise.weebly.com
twerppoet said:
Or were you trying to move it out of the iBooks app alltogether? You can't do that. Books purchased in the iBooks Store (except for some free ones) are copy protected and can not be read in any app except iBooks.

Aha. So that is the problem. I was trying to move it out of iBooks completely and just put it in my "reading" folder. Thanks. I will stop driving myself crazy trying to move it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions