What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling my hair out over "home sharing" with my Iphone and Ipad4

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help me, as I have read every bit of advise on the google searches and non of them are a bit of help. Im logged into my home sharing with the exact same user id on both my PC, IOS 6.01 Iphone4, and IOS 6.01 Ipad4. Now everything I keep reading tells me I need to go into settings, then down to the "Music" app and open it. Inside there should be a "More" button which I have never seen, but once I open this mystical "more" button I should see an option called "shared". Why cant I find these options? Is there anyone who has had this problem and figured it out?

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look for a triangular button in the lower right corner after you start a song. Click it to play to your other device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Perhaps this?

iOS: Setting up Home Sharing on your device

Not knowing what you found on Google, this could be more of the same; but it is what I used when setting my Home Sharing.

Also, in case you did not realize, the computer hosting the iTunes library must be on (obviously) and iTunes must be running on it (not so obvious), or there will be nothing to be found when the iPad and iPhone look for shared libraries.

OP
crjcreates

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Perhaps this?

iOS: Setting up Home Sharing on your device

Not knowing what you found on Google, this could be more of the same; but it is what I used when setting my Home Sharing.

Also, in case you did not realize, the computer hosting the iTunes library must be on (obviously) and iTunes must be running on it (not so obvious), or there will be nothing to be found when the iPad and iPhone look for shared libraries.

The obvious was in case the obvious, so there is no problem on that end. Unfortunately your link was the first place that I started. I appreciate the help though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, then it is probably some setting in your router blocking the protocol.

You've probably seen this link too.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

All I can suggest is checking out the Firewall section and going through your router settings, and any anti-virus/firewall software you may have running on the computer.

Good luck.

OP
crjcreates

crjcreates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok, then it is probably some setting in your router blocking the protocol.

You've probably seen this link too.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

All I can suggest is checking out the Firewall section and going through your router settings, and any anti-virus/firewall software you may have running on the computer.

Good luck.

Ok, I feel really stupid now. The one thing that I never did but kept reading about was of course the Occam's razor. I just had to reboot booth IOS devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts