What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Publishing App

Wilsonl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently written a book in Microsoft Word but I was looking trying to get it published for the Apple Store and upon further research it becomes apparent you can do this with iBooks Author, unfortunately I'm not in possession of an Apple Mac.

Are there any solutions to this or has anyone got a quote for the cost of completing this request

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless your book requires some special formatting and extra media capabilities, iBooks Author is probably not a good choice. The resulting books are very structured, like a textbook, which is the primary purpose of iBooks Author. For most books you want the ePub format. This is the file format of most of the book sin the iBooks store; everything that's not in the textbook category.

There should be several tools for converting MS Word to ePub, though I'm not familiar with any of them. Well, not any meant for publishing. Calibre can probably do it, but I don't know of the result is publisher friendly.

Anyway, here is a link that might get you going in the right direction.

Apple - iTunes - Partner Programs - Book Publishers

Most reactions

Latest posts