What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protecting the protection (SmartCover)?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dunno if this is quite the right department for this, but here goes:

In a, not so distant, future, I'll be the proud owner of a hand drawn SmartCover (I just have to drive the 400 some kilometers first to get it), illustrated by my brother, the artist.

Thing is - even though the pens used sure stick to the surface of the SC - I really don't want the drawing to neither crack (when folding the SC), nor wear off (by, inevitably and repeatedly, touching it), so my query is as follows: does any of you in here know of any kind of varnish that could be applied?

I was thinking down the lines of some kind of thin layer of silica. In my mind that should generate a smooth, durable and elastic protection for this one-off drawing. Which I'm yet to lay my eyes on (but which, knowing my brothers work, I'm sure is truly a wonder to behold)... 

So, what think you all?

//Stefan 

Last edited:
OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do you mean, real? My bro has drawn onto my SmartCover and all I want is to protect this from wear 'n' tear. As good as possible. What's there to dis-believe?

//Stefan 

buttrpecan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think thats a great idea to have a custom smartcover with artwork from your favorite artist. I dont have any ideas for protecting it though. I have a red leather smartcover. I wonder if leather spray protectant would work.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an smart cover before,while I have got rid of it...
It made me confused on the unlock of the ipad..
A new ozaki icoat ipad case with multi-functional stylus is much more cool and fashional..

Most reactions

Latest posts