What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project management app?

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a rock solid Project Management app. I have been looking in the App Store and see everything from free(you get what you pay for), to as much as 40 bones.

Can anyone recommend such an application or recommend ones to avoid?

Thanks
iCrush

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using SG Project for quite a few months, and now the more comprehensive version, SG Project Pro. This is the closest to real PM I've found for the iPad, and, it can exchange files with MS Project. They are very proactive in developing the app and in supporting it.

Cheers,

OP
I

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using SG Project for quite a few months, and now the more comprehensive version, SG Project Pro. This is the closest to real PM I've found for the iPad, and, it can exchange files with MS Project. They are very proactive in developing the app and in supporting it.

Cheers,

I was never good at Simon Says, but when you spoke of SG Projects I thought I better do what Simon said. I opted for the non-Pro version. I will see how it goes, might get the Pro version if things work they way I am hoping.

Thanks,
iCrush

taylormiles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agile Web Development Project Management App

New Player in the ipad Project Management space. Designed for web development, but could be used for general task management too.

New player here.

pivotaltracker

I can't post links yet. Google it.

appstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you guys tried Gantt Lite for iPad? I thought it was pretty good and its free... The free version is a little limited, as in it will allow you to import only 2 of your plans... They also have a pro version, Gantt Pro and its quite fairly priced at $5.99 . The app is definitely worth a shot and a good alternative to SG Pro which is selling at $39.99.
Note: Gantt Lite is a project plan viewer. So far that has worked for me as i rarely need to create a new plan on the move... most of the time i just need to carry my plans for meetings and take notes which i can do as well.. Settling for Gantt Pro saves me 30 odd dollars i would have to shell out for SG Pro

Update:

Create project plans with Project Planning Pro for iPad. Its very easy to add and schedule tasks. Provides a neat and interactive ms project style Gantt View. Supports all 4 types of task relationships and even auto schedules them. Whats more, its free to download and try with in-app purchase for unrestricted access.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OmniPlan came out today.

I don't know how it will be on the iPad, but if they live up to the reputation of their previous iOS and OS X apps, then it should be somewhere between outstanding and supercalafragilistic.

Cosciae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you know of a good app to build timelines for project management?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you look at OmniPlan? I'm pretty sure it will do so. One of the listed features is visual timelines.

While I am somewhat familiar with a few of the Omni apps on OS X, I've never played with OmniPlan. I don't need this kind of app in my current line of non-work.

Last edited:

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at pagico but it has no ratings. The app is 50 for Mac and the iPad is 6.99. I'm sorry that equals 60 to me. What I'm tired of is the big sale and the huge letdown. But it looks cool. I started the trial on my Mac.

Most reactions

Latest posts