What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with cydia apps

Dgreensuperhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have installed no mute and disable multitasking but I am having problems with them.

No mute does give you back your orientation switch but still mutes sounds when the switch is activated. I thought no mute meant it wouldn't mute!

Secondly "disable multitasking" hasn't worked at all and the stupid horrible multitasking bar is still there when I double click the home button. I hate it so much I am even considering giving up on the iPad. I have the sbsettings tweak that shows the available memory next to the time and, as an example, it is now showing 12mb free memory but if I close everything in the multitasking bar it will go up to about 120/130mb.

I have a 32gb 3G iPad with a "3" network microsim.

I appreciate any replies from you guys.

zeph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the multitasking, you can try to install MyOS and disable multitasking. it worked for me.

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NoMute works as advertised for me. I'll mention that I began having problems with several Cydia apps acting strangely, so I backed out of the jailbreak (restored to default), restored from backup, re-jailbroke, re-installed my Cydia apps (PkgBackup makes this easy, but must be run before you restore to default) and things went back to acting as they should.

I'm not sure what conflicted in my case, and I went through the 5 stages of grief (lol) before biting the bullet and going through the process, but I'm very glad I did. If everybody else (or at least the majority) is having no problems where you are, the problem is very likely on your end. Good luck!

OP
D

Dgreensuperhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the replies. I downloaded MyOs and turned off multitasking. I resprung but the multitasking bar is still there! That's two apps supposed to turn the damn thing off but not doing it!
Think I may have to restore and rejailbreak as suggested, that cydia app backup sounds good, thanks for that suggestion.

Most reactions