What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems installing packages

marcusromanelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought an Wifi+3G 16gb iPad, and after jailbreak, there are some packages that i cannot install, because of conflicts with some "gsc.wildcat". After some googling, I find out that you could fix this by adding that "wildcat" thing on the K48AP.plist and rebooting.
The problem is: i already did that, and the problem persists…
Already tried restoring, I'm using FW 4.3.1.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That fix worked on 4.2.1 but not on 4.3.1. Generally, enabling this hack is not a good idea.
I think it is supposed to tell an application whether or not the device can handle opengles-2 graphics.
What method did you use to jailbreak? I used sn0wbreeze last night and am running into the wildcat problem. However, my phone was done with redsn0w last week and seems to be immune...
I'm going to look into it a little further today.
Let me know if you find anything else out.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wlso, can you list the packages you are trying to install?

Ive run into it with Notified Pro.

OP
M

marcusromanelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing that I discovered was that: if the iPad HAVE the wildcat key and you set it to FALSE, the iPad will LITERALLY transform into an giant iPhone, like, the 4x4 row icons, the iPhone keyboard, etc. So, teorically, it tells the system what kind of device it is: tablet or phone. (This trick will require restore or a lot of luck to fix, because every app crashes when iPad get the 'iPhone mode', and seems impossible to get the key TRUE again).
Anyway, I used redsn0w to both my iPad and iPhone 4, and it seems it' only affecting the iPad.

And yes, I had problems with Notified Pro. I used to have with a lot of other packs, but I think its only him.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's to be expected. The status of the flag tells the OS what to do in terms of rendering the screen for particular devices.
Good to know it is not snowbreeze, but just a general JB issue. I suspect the message may be a bit of a red herring, certainly it can't be fixed with the same plist key as 4.2.1 as we've both seen.
I'll maybe drop the dev of Notified a note, but I doubt iPad support is at the top of his list. I get the feeling it just worked by accident, but the latest developments actually make it incompatible... I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back. Thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

Latest posts