What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Sunday Times app (UK)

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sent the following to the Sunday Times but am posting here in the hope that someone might be able to help please?

"I have the Times/Sunday Times digital pack and read them on my iPad2. I realised today that the Sunday Times app does not delete old editions like The Times does and that I had editions going back to October. With no instruction available on how to delete, I went into the app and long-pressed unwanted editions. I then pressed the red x and the editions disappeared. This worked fine until the December 25th edition and all other editions which refused to delete.

I uninstalled the app and was very pleased to see that I had recovered 15Gb of space. I reinstalled the app but when it had finished installing the icon disappeared and is nowhere to be found. I checked the News folder I had previously had it in and all other folders but it is not there. Under Settings>Apps, however, it is shown as installed and on the App Store it says that it is already installed. So it is there but I have no means to open it. Please can you suggest what I can do to access the app? Thank you."

Anybody have any thoughts please?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sometimes get this also when my apps dissapear I usually reset the device and they come back but for quick access to anything on the home app screen go far left as you can and a search bar comes up type in the app name and it will find it, it works great for finding all kinds off stuff on your iPad fast.
Hope this solves your issue, let me know if you need anymore help.

OP
P

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent advice, thanks so much. The search function didn't turn it up but the reset did and it's back where it belongs in my News folder. I hope I don't have this problem every time I need to delete an edition! Thanks again.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does happen occasionally but I've only noticed it if my app pages are full and I'm downloading an app I deleted, but search usually finds it?? Well glad I helped most issues with these devices are sorted out by a reset.

Most reactions