What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with O2 mobile setip

spenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before.

New o2 sim in new Ipad 3g. Set up PAYG account with o2 but still cannot access 3G. If I turn wifi off and try to use Safari I'm told I am not subscribed to a mobile data service, though a 5 bar signal from O2-UK 3G is displayed top left. If I go to settings and, having put in my email and password, view my account I can see the account and cellular data number (it's even used 3MB so far!) but that's all.

Am going round in circles - any help much appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couple of possibilities...the first I'm sure you've tried, so please don't be annoyed - but have you enabled 'cellular data' in the 'Settings' menu?

The second is that the account may just possibly not yet have been authorised. Several Members have had a very similar issue and have found that it takes a while - sometimes a day or two - for the account to be activated by the cellular service provider.

Tim

OP
S

spenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted - no thanks to O2!

APN Settings for O2's PAYG on an IPAD are:

APN ibrowse.o2.co.uk
Username browse
Password password (yes - literally 'password'!)

Hope this helps others.

Most reactions

Latest posts