What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with iBooks

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iBooks shows up for a moment without getting books and documents and then disappears after a few seconds. I have a iPad 2, model MC774KN. How to reinstall the app and all my boks and dokumenta?
I tried Claes THE app, and restarted the iPad more times.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.....see if it is now working, if not I would try a reset.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

OP
M

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried both more times. Now I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the iBooks app. But the same happend again. I am not able to do work with the app.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
magnelar said:
I have tried both more times. Now I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the iBooks app. But the same happend again. I am not able to do work with the app.

Just wondering if this is an OS incompatibility working here. What OS is your iPad on, have a look in Settings - General - About and look for version.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
magnelar said:
Version : 6.0 (10A403)

Well that's what you should have......not sure what is causing it but would think its a setting doing this.

Do you have any restrictions set up at all? Settings - General - Restrictions. Is iBookstore turned on here?

I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

OP
M

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBook store restrictions Allowed : iBookStore : I (on) (I can not changes this settings?)

OP
M

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can change, but have to tip my security code.

cd.key

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had a similar problem before. It was 5.1.1 though. My solution was to reinstall iBooks from the app store. I remove the previous iBooks, then went to the app store to download the iBooks. I installed it directly from the ipad.
Hope this helps

OP
M

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have un-installed and installed again more times and now I have run a upgrade to 3.0.1, but still the same happened as described in the release notes : unexpected stop should bee fixed. But unfortunately not in my case??

OP
M

magnelar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I get the iBooks work properly and all my books and documents are the, but don't know exact why. But I have downloaded from the appStore where may bought apps are listed. I have tried to do things also on iTunes on my windows pc. But after the installed and upgrade of iBooks, I now get my list from AppStore?

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I get the iBooks work properly and all my books and documents are the, but don't know exact why. But I have downloaded from the appStore where may bought apps are listed. I have tried to do things also on iTunes on my windows pc. But after the installed and upgrade of iBooks, I now get my list from AppStore?

If I understand what you're asking correctly, the new version shows everything you've purchased in the iBookstore in your library by default. Items not on the device will have a downward pointing arrow you can tap to download them. If you don't want those shown go to Settings App > iBooks and turn off the Show All Purchases item and it will restore the old behavior of only showing what is actually on the device :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't show all purchased items by defsult, you have to select purchased books to see your purchased list. To do so, tap the books button at the top centre of the home screen, then select purchased books.

image-2889803753.jpg

image-2123317799.jpg

image-3858142046.jpgNow it shows all purchased items, whether or not they're on your device.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh, weird. Mine doesn't have a purchased books collection (even with the settings back on the defaults), just Books and PDFs. I do see the purchased books collection on my phone though...

Ipad Helper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using video Ipad lessons they are really helpful then Im gonna claim my money back and complain they were crap :p because im cheap like that

Most reactions

Latest posts