What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem downloading apps bigger than 20mb...

CaTcH21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Trying to download via app store, and every programme that is bigger than 20mb will only allow me to download if i am connected to a WiFi connection, i turned on the option in settings where it states, 'when not connected to wifi, use cellular to dl purchases' but i still get the same pop ups telling me i need to connect to a wifi.

Anyone know where else i need to check to resolve this problem?

Any info is appreciated!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, to my knowledge, that's just how it is. Anything over 20mb requires wifi.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For bigger files like that you need a wifi connection because apple is trying to save you from saving your data.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak 3G unrestricted tricks it into thinking you on wifi and allows you to download any size apps.

OP
C

CaTcH21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, tell me, if i jailbreak, are there any consequences like the iPad slowing down, Apple retracting warranty etc. ?

Also im using iPad2 , jailbreak available yet?

Thanks again for the help:)

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Jailbreak threads, including JB "sticky". There's a whole section dedicated to the subject. Enjoy! It's under "hacking" in discussions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts