What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Privacy on ipad,

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI everyone, i'm just entering to Macworld and for an old windows sick user that's quite hart to get my marks.

Are their any aplication to lock apps?
To create folders
Etc..

Amazing handling of the system, very didactic.

Hope you can help me

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Creating folders is easy. Just long press on any app and they will all start to "jiggle". Being careful to avoid the cross that appears on the non-native apps as touching that will delete them, just drag one app in top of another. That will automatically create a folder.

You cannot lock apps. You can, and probably should, lock the iPad to prevent unauthorized access. If you want a longer, alphanumeric password go to Settings/Passcode Lock and turn off Simple Passcode. DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSWORD.

Give us a shout if you need any more info.

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several apps for,locking folders. I use VS for pictures and video.

If as a windows user you are talking about folders like it has there are a couple of apps,that will do that but I don't remember them.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI everyone, i'm just entering to Macworld and for an old windows sick user that's quite hart to get my marks.

Are their any aplication to lock apps?
To create folders
Etc..

Amazing handling of the system, very didactic.

Hope you can help me

The others have already told you about folders - so, about locking apps. You really can't lock an app (to prevent someone else from getting into it) unless you are jail broken. It's just not possible on a stock iPad.

Yes, there are some apps for which you need a password to access them, but that is a function of the app, not the iPad. For example, the app 1Password (a password storage/usage/protection app) won't let you in unless you have the master password. And, there are some photo apps that will let you lock it so that you need a password to see the photos within the app.

But, as a general rule, the stock iPad is designed for one person and thus, you cannot lock stuff down, unless it's behind the system-wide pass code as mentioned above.

Marilyn

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for advice,

Mac system is much more restricted than windows but the work on the ergonomic part and the friendly interface. For a window s user it is just somehow frustrating not to can make any garbage manipulation you want on the system.

After a close look on jailbraking, looks like it s legal but i cannot see any clear benefit mencioned exept runnings pirates apps.

I'll try the app for fotos and vids, starts with something.

;)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After a close look on jailbraking, looks like it s legal but i cannot see any clear benefit mencioned exept runnings pirates apps.

Just to be clear, that is NOT a benefit of jailbreaking which we recognise on iPadForums. It is strictly against our beliefs to steal apps, and our rules are very clear on the subject :)
Jailbreaking is about enhancing the device to do things which Apple restrict. One example would be giving you unrestricted access to the file system. Another is providing a standard a 5-Row keyboard instead of Apples stock 4-row version.
It also allows you to lock individual apps, which as you know you cannot do on a stock device ;)

Please review the many threads and stickies in our Hacking Section to understand the real benefits of jailbreaking - iPad Hacking :D

OP
ptipil

ptipil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just to be clear, that is NOT a benefit of jailbreaking which we recognise on iPadForums. It is strictly against our beliefs to steal apps, and our rules are very clear on the subject :)
Jailbreaking is about enhancing the device to do things which Apple restrict. One example would be giving you unrestricted access to the file system. Another is providing a standard a 5-Row keyboard instead of Apples stock 4-row version.
It also allows you to lock individual apps, which as you know you cannot do on a stock device ;)

Please review the many threads and stickies in our Hacking Section to understand the real benefits of jailbreaking - iPad Hacking :D

Got the message! I wasn t fan of hacking on windows, even less on a new device i don t even know well.

Thanks for sharing, i ll get used to it in a while for sure, great interface!

Most reactions

Latest posts