What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing to Kodak ESP 6150

Bronnas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can print from my iPad (v1) to Kodak ESP 6150 wifi printer? I talked to Kodak support and they would not validate that their printer supports apps such as print central or sav2pdf. Do not want buy these apps until I know they work. Thanks in advance.:eek:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can print from my iPad (v1) to Kodak ESP 6150 wifi printer? I talked to Kodak support and they would not validate that their printer supports apps such as print central or sav2pdf. Do not want buy these apps until I know they work. Thanks in advance.:eek:

The problem at the moment is that, previously, PrintCentral - which I use - could take advantage of the in-app printing of apps on the iPad. In other words, a printer 'connected' to the iPad using PrintCentral would 'show up' in an app as though it was an AirPrint compatible printer. It turns out that the developers used an undocumented API (application programmer interface) in the iPad's operating system iOS and were made to remove this by Apple. Those of us who were lucky enough to have downloaded a copy of PrintCentral prior to this change (and who have subsequently refused to update) still enjoy the convenience of in-app printing. However, new users have to port the document they are using into PrintCentral and then print from within that app - i.e. no in-app printing.

For sure, PrintCentral will support your printer- if not directly then via your PC and their free WePrint app for the PC - but you won't get in-app printing any longer.

Tim

OP
B

Bronnas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for info Tim. Based on what you another kind person shared, I am now thinking of purchasing one of the supported HP printers. Am really impressed by the quality of iPad forum!

Most reactions