What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing photos

erinb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for printing certain size photos on my iPad. Every time I print from my gallery it prints a 4 by 6 from my printer. I would like to print a 8 by 10.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Erinb - welcome to the forum! :)

BOY, you've opened up a complicated subject w/ just a few sentences - you need to provide some more information: 1) How are the images put onto your iPad, i.e. synced and/or from the camera? If the latter, which iPad model do you own - the camera resolutions are quite different (my iPad 2 STINKS as a camera); 2) How are you printing out your images? and 3) What printer are you using and what options are you given by your iPad?

NOW - not sure how much you know about viewing images on a 'monitor' (whether a standard computer or an iPad) vs. printing them as prints, SO sorry if you already know this information? BUT, the MP (megapixel) size of your images are the clue - on a standard monitor, 72 ppi (pixels per inch) is a usual resolution (of course w/ more modern displays, such as 'retina' on my MacBook Pro, the resolution is higher) - now the standard printing resolution is 300 dpi (i.e. dots per inch - same as pixels) - you must understand this relationship because to obtain a quality image @ 8 x 10 inch will require a HIGH pixel density from you iPad's images - a google search will provide a LOT of links, but just for one - check HERE and scroll down to the table to determine the overall pixel size of images needed to print out a decent 8 x 10" image on your printer - I'll stop there for a response - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts