What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printing app gone!!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me like a dummy didn't transfer my purchased apps over before the software update because I had never done his before so I had to reinstall all my apps....im pretty much done downloading all my apps beside my flagship "print central" I guess since they did away with it there's noway to get it back huh?! Print n share is the newer one by them right? Is it pretty easy to set up and do I use we print for that also?

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
print central developer emailed me back saying print central update has been sent to apple and will be back in the market soon

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the update - there a lot of PrintCentral users out there who have been wondering what had happened to it. Good to know.

Tim
Scotland

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does a printing app do exactly? Mine just prints stuff without me having to use an app.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does a printing app do exactly? Mine just prints stuff without me having to use an app.

OK - then you must have an AirPrint compatible printer. The trouble is that the iPad will only *directly* print to AirPrint printers. Non-AirPrint printers require a printing app that 'converts' the AirPrint printing protocol to a form that non-AirPrint printers 'understand'. PrintCentral is one of the most popular printing apps because it 'pretends' to be an AirPrint printer and inserts itself into the print menu of iPad apps that support in-app printing.

Now - I couldn't have that less clear, even if I'd tried......

Hopefully, over the coming months and years, more and more printers will support the AirPrint standard.

Tim
Scotland

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that was very clear. I bought a printer that said it worked with the iPad so I understand now that's why I don't need an app. I was thinking maybe it gave some more elaborate options than just printing (B&W vs. color, for example).

Thanks for the clarification.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Thanks for the update - there a lot of PrintCentral users out there who have been wondering what had happened to it. Good to know.

Tim
Scotland

Ok now the App sucks! Before last weeks update I could print from my email app on the iPad, or from any webpage I wanted to without putting a "z" in front of the http in order for it to open in the print central app browser section to print it. So when I emailed them this morning asking what was up with this, I got this....

"Hi Scott,

This App has been modified due to compliance changes for Apple's guidelines and printing from other Apps via AirPrint had to be removed. We have no control over this decision as Apple reviews all Apps before they are allowed on the App Store and we have no influence in that process. If you wish to contact Apple about this matter then please use 1800 MY APPLE or the "Report a Problem" link in the account page on iTunes.

You can use "Open in", email or other methods for printing external documents, but printing via AirPrint from other Apps is not available.

This page describes printing emails from inside this App:
http://mobile.eurosmartz.com/help.html#email

This is the Web page printing help:
http://mobile.eurosmartz.com/help.html#webprint1

This help page describes printing from Pages/Numbers:
http://mobile.eurosmartz.com/help.html#iworkprint

We are putting a lot of effort into improving the App so our customers can have the best features permissible. Please reply with your feedback to this email; as innovators in iPad and iPhone printing, we would like to hear from all customers directly to make sure our apps continue to lead the market with cutting edge features

Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

regards,

EuroSmartz Support"

SO AFTER VENTING MORE TO THEM AFTER TAKING MY MONEY AND GIVING ME ALL THESE OPTIONS THEN TAKING THEM AWAY ALONG WITH MY $$$$ THEY SEND ME THIS....

"Hi Scott,

This App has been modified due to compliance changes for Apple's guidelines and printing from other Apps via AirPrint had to be removed. We have no control over this decision as Apple reviews all Apps before they are allowed on the App Store and we have no influence in that process. If you wish to contact Apple about this matter then please use 1800 MY APPLE or the "Report a Problem" link in the account page on iTunes.

You can use "Open in", email or other methods for printing external documents, but printing via AirPrint from other Apps is not available.

We are putting a lot of effort into improving the App so our customers can have the best features permissible. Please reply with your feedback to this email; as innovators in iPad and iPhone printing, we would like to hear from all customers directly to make sure our apps continue to lead the market with cutting edge features

Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

regards,

EuroSmartz Support"

OH HOW I JUS LOVE GIVING MONEY AWAY! GUESS THIS IS ANOTHER WAY FOR APPLE TO SUCK UP ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD MY MAKING PEOPLE GO BUY A NEW PRINTER! ok I'm done

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess I'd feel pissed too under the circumstances.

Hope you feel better now :)

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Guess I'd feel pissed too under the circumstances.

Hope you feel better now :)

Just got it back! Luckily I never synced after update so I just deleted from iPad then plugged it up to sync, canceled the auto sync the went to my apps in iTunes, and print central wasn't checked. So I checked it and synced it to the pad and volia! unplugged and got a immediate update notification for it! Not this time suckas!!

Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:
Just got it back! Luckily I never synced after update so I just deleted from iPad then plugged it up to sync, canceled the auto sync the went to my apps in iTunes, and print central wasn't checked. So I checked it and synced it to the pad and volia! unplugged and got a immediate update notification for it! Not this time suckas!!

So can you still print via the AirPrint option?

I can't with Print'n'Share, even though it was last updated in January. So I think Apple broke the AirPrint for third party apps with the iOS 4.3 release.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
So can you still print via the AirPrint option?

I can't with Print'n'Share, even though it was last updated in January. So I think Apple broke the AirPrint for third party apps with the iOS 4.3 release.

I can print from my ipad email app, webpages, pages etc now....I did the 4.3 when I got the ipad2 on the 11th also....so it works fine on ipad1 and ipad2 of mine now. I had to do it on both through itunes. I haven't done re 4.3.1 updat now...to scared now! Haha what's different with the 4.3.1? I been using "we print" the whole time also on both my laptops

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I printed on Sunday using Print'nShare under version 4.3. I loaded the new software update last night and have not tried to print yet. I will give it a try when I get home tonight.

Sure hope it works because my daughter and I use it alot.

Parker

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadparker said:
I printed on Sunday using Print'nShare under version 4.3. I loaded the new software update last night and have not tried to print yet. I will give it a try when I get home tonight.

Sure hope it works because my daughter and I use it alot.

Parker

Well the recent comments look good for print n share, so your probably good as print central comments clearly left a lot of people pissed.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really gotta start looking at the updates before I just hit install! Do they gotta tell u the truth about what the update really is?

Most reactions

Latest posts