What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print central

Theo1231231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I've had this app for a while now. I payed quite a bit of money for it and I can only get it to print in black and White. Basically I set up my printer, put in the ip address, all that, and I try to print a picture and it only does it in black and White, poorly. Any suggestions? ( I figured if any1 would know it would be the iPad owners) also, I've already checked google so don't even bother saying 'just google it' like an 11 year old would say..:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you will know, PrintCentral can print in two different ways - either directly, without the intervention of a PC, or via the PC using the EuroSmartz WePrint PC app. If you're printing directly from your iPad to the printer and there are problems, EuroSmartz recommend trying the WePrint route to see if that fixes the problem, because it allows all the PC print options to be utilised. Since WePrint is free, it's an easy first step to finding out where the problem lies.

If the problem persists - or if there's some basic incompatibility between your printer and PrintCentral, then you can always get a refund for your purchase by called the Apple Support Line with your purchase transaction reference number, when the cost of your purchase will be refunded as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

OP
T

Theo1231231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but the whole point of this app was so that you dont need a pc to print. Seems like a bit of a let down. Also, can't wait til iOS 5! : D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but the whole point of this app was so that you dont need a pc to print. Seems like a bit of a let down. Also, can't wait til iOS 5! : D

I'm not suggesting that you'd want to use a PC to print. My idea was to determine whether the black-and-white printing persisted when you printed through your PC - i.e. whether it was a printer configuration issue. If it prints in black-and-white when you print via WePrint then it will tell us something that will help us solve the direct-to-printer issue. I didn't mean to sound as though I was suggesting it as a long-term solution. It's clear your printer is supported by this app - otherwise, I assume, you wouldn't even be able to print in black-and-white.

So my proposal was simply - as an easy first step to solving the problem - see what happens when you print via your PC. Then - depending upon the outcome of that 'experiment' we can move on to the next troubleshooting step.

Sorry if I was confusing...

Tim

Sally Marshall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found this can due to the wrong protocol entered in the setup button; contact their help desk and they'll come back quickly with the optimum protocol? with your printer . I use WePrint for the very handy printing over 3G - but realize you might not have a 3G ipad, but also this added a very easy way to share files on our Mac for our business without syncing .

Hey I've had this app for a while now. I payed quite a bit of money for it and I can only get it to print in black and White. Basically I set up my printer, put in the ip address, all that, and I try to print a picture and it only does it in black and White, poorly. Any suggestions? ( I figured if any1 would know it would be the iPad owners) also, I've already checked google so don't even bother saying 'just google it' like an 11 year old would say..:)

Most reactions

Latest posts