What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Present for a girl with an iPad?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's my friend's birthday. She has an iPad she got for her graduation, and as far as I can tell, the only accessory she has for it is the smartcover.

She wants to use it for school, and I wanna buy her something for it. In the $25-30 range. I thought of a stylus, but I never use mine, and I'm not sure if she'd use her. She's probably going to get the Zagg 2 I suggested, so no sense in getting her a stand or keyboard.

Any suggestions? :)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The keyboard is my most used accessory. An iTunes gift card is always popular too.

-t

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a screen protector, especially for the back since it is not protected by the cover.

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iTunes gift card is always popular too.

-t

I thought about that, but gift cards are kinda "meh." I want something more thoughtful!

Rgsp, what do you mean by "back screen protector?" something for the metal backing so it doesn't get scratched?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-t

I thought about that, but gift cards are kinda "meh." I want something more thoughtful!

Rgsp, what do you mean by "back screen protector?" something for the metal backing so it doesn't get scratched?

Exactly. And you should be able to find several in your price range.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You must really like this girl that is cute.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-t

The gift card might be thoughtful. If she wants to use it for school, there may be apps that will help her. But she may not have a good idea of what works for her until she actually gets to school, selects courses, and has a chance to talk to peers about cool and useful apps.

Otherwise, here I think the direct approach works best. Ask how she uses the iPad now and what she might like. Have her compile her top ten wish list. Then get 2 or 3 items on the list.

How a person uses the iPad can be very individual and distinctive. And you don't want to get something that the person already has, or something that does not fit with how they use the iPad.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:

You can get one like Twerppoet links to that is the same color as her cover, or a clear one similar to a screen protector but made to fit the back aluminum case.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Origami Workstation would be nice but she would have to have her own keyboard.

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walked to the cash register at Future Shop with a stylus, only to get her an App Store gift card instead. She was thrilled. I think it was a good call. :D

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
Walked to the cash register at Future Shop with a stylus, only to get her an App Store gift card instead. She was thrilled. I think it was a good call. :D

If she's happy, it's definitely a good call. :)

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out
GELASKINS.com all else failing, it's around $60 with tracked shipping but you can make it really personal.

Most reactions

Latest posts