What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preparing for delivery... what crazy things are you doing?

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, in anticipation of "iPad Saturday" what crazy things are you doing to get prepared for the delivery? Here's a few of the things I've done to get ready.

1.) Got a manicure (no kidding, I want my digits to be cut and clean for the new toy.)

2.) Got my front door sign ready for UPS to make sure they know I'm home! Don't want any excuses.

3.) Got my big, green, micro-fiber terry-cloth towel for wiping away the fingerprints I'm sure to put on the iPad.

4.) Groceries have been bought, no need to leave the house.

5.) Cleared off a space on the end table for the dock and opened up a slot on the power strip for it.

6.) Box cutter is at the ready.....

Anything else?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sick, so I'm not doing anything right now. I did buy the Pages app and a couple others for my ipad.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Vera Bradley case arrived and is ready.
2. Got microfiber cloth--mine is green too.
3. Downloaded some apps (most free, but purchased a
few).
4. Made deposit in the account I use to purchase on iTunes.
5. Easy meals ready for the weekend.
6. Told family I am taking a vacation Saturday and Sunday.
7. Advised son to be available immediately if I need help.
8. Have lawn chair ready to sit in driveway to wait for UPS.
9. Manicure, great idea, will do tomorrow.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely Nothing special as my iPad will arrive tuesday at my place , and unlucky me i can't have Numbers and Pages as yet only in US iTunes Store

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Computer house cleaning

Today:

1) Cleaned up the house network, by adding a password, and adding an airport express for printing (so I can print from the iPad if I can find an App for that).
2) Updated operating system on one of my iMacs - I figured now was a good time to wipe it all clean and start fresh. Will update the other family iMac tomorrow so we are all starting fresh.
3) Loaded iTunes with credit
4) Got chair ready to wait in line at the Apple store
5) Signed up for an iPad workshop at the Apple store for the kids, so they can learn iPad usage. :)

kvmkvm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lest see:
1. Reading everything on the net I can

2.Updating my version of itunes

3.Putting more $$$ in my apple store account

4.Seeking low priced early case ; until the good ones come ou ( office max: $12.95 )

5.Asking the owner of my local ups store where I get 100% of my mail; if he will be open on saturday( DUH); because that is whwre my ipad is being delivered.

6.Selecting the first ebook I am buying ( newest Alex Delaware Novel )

7. Trying to relax

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) Fixed my WiFi so now I will be able to connect 802.11g anywhere in the house
2) Loaded iTunes and then updated it the next day :)
3) Added my mp3s and updated the art
4) Added some free ePubs to play with the new interface
5) Downloaded a bunch of free apps and created a wish list at the app store
6) And finally....Purchased a crying towel to use while I see all the happy new wifi iPad owners while I wait for my 3G :(

Last edited:

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pre-sign sheet will be hanging on the door, even though I will be home. I will not take a chance that a "call to nature" or some last minute urgent matter keeps me from answering the door.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I called my father who just retired from UPS (after 35 years) and he even told me he can't get me my iPad today even though we don't have Saturday delivery. So I have to wait until Monday to get it... very disappointed :(

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At dinner my husband was telling me all the things we need to do tomorrow - go to lumber store for something, go to nursery to look at trees, a couple other errands. I was agreeing with him, until he said we'll just leave a note on the door for UPS to deliver another day!!! I informed him we wouldn't be leaving the house until AFTER UPS delivered!!!

I'm ready!!!! :)

Susan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you Susan. Are you really going to receive the iPad and then leave. I don't have that kind of will power ;).

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you Susan. Are you really going to receive the iPad and then leave. I don't have that kind of will power ;).

No way!!!! I'll send my husband out to do the errands alone - or I'll bring it with me, after I've spent a couple of hours with it!! :) My husband isn't into all this new technology like I am so he doesn't understand!! (But he'll probably want one after he sees mine!!)

Susan

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
• Updated itunes

• Looked at some of the new apps made especially for the iPad.

• Credit Card is paid up and ready. . .

• Purchased and received an inexpensive silicon case from Amazon. It's very cool, because it has the fake card board iPad inside. I'm showing it around the office so everyone can OOOH and AHHHH over the size and have regrets that they didn't plan on getting one.

• Playing with the fake case and card board cutout pretending it's the real thing, so I'll be an experienced user by the time I get the real one.

• Charged up my iPod touch and iPhone, so I can play games or read in case there's a long wait in line, at the Apple Store. OR if I need to call 911, for a fight at the store:)

• Thinking about making up a sign like that great cartoon on the forum "$1 per touch (for 30 seconds)":D

• Going to ride my horse an extra 30 min. so I'll be tired enough to sleep tonight!

• Assembled food delivery menus so I won't have to cook or do dishes..

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, tomorrow is going to be a great day!

Most reactions

Latest posts