What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preffered networks in Wi-Fi, Can you?

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Ipad my wi-fi connects to BTFon or BT Openzone all the time rather than my home network. Is there anyway of stopping this happening. I cannot find (Like in windows) where I can select order of preferred networks anywhere, Anyone know if this can be done?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So these must be 'known' networks to the iPad - i.e. networks you have joined previously? If you tell the iPad to 'forget' them, then it won't join them automatically if that option is enabled in 'Settings'. Of course, this doesn't help you if you do want, occasionally, to join these other networks.

I don't know of any other way, though.

Tim
Scotland

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So these must be 'known' networks to the iPad - i.e. networks you have joined previously? If you tell the iPad to 'forget' them, then it won't join them automatically if that option is enabled in 'Settings'. Of course, this doesn't help you if you do want, occasionally, to join these other networks.

I don't know of any other way, though.

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim. Sure I've asked it to forget them before and it still reconnects. I'll try again when I get home see if that is the case.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got the 'Ask to join networks' option switched to 'On' in 'Settings'. Then you get an (annoying) pop up box appear asking you which network you want to join...

Tim

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got the 'Ask to join networks' option switched to 'On' in 'Settings'. Then you get an (annoying) pop up box appear asking you which network you want to join...

Tim

Ipad's at home at the moment and I'm in work. But I don't think I have, It always just connects on it's own when I turn the wi-fi to "On".

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad at home!!!!!

OK - that might help - you can at least get it to prompt you before joining 'unknown' networks...

Let us know how you get on...

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts