What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre pay purchase and sign up - UK

Buzzfriend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. There has been a similar discussion on another thread but it was mainly about the US. We want to purchase a pre-pay sim when we arrive in the uk. We arrive at heathrow but will not be going to London immediately...off ton the cotswolds! Someone on the us thread mentioned topping up a sim at a phone store at a motorways stop. Would we be able to buy a pre-pay sim along the journey and are we likely ton have the same problem that us visitors are having with issues with a non residents credit card??

PhotoJim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.photojim.ca
Orange let me use a Canadian credit card with their Camel prepaid plan. Just today, I updated to a different Canadian credit card (I bought the Camel SIM three years ago; actually the plan wasn't yet Camel but that's irrelevant ;) ). I added 10 pounds to my account from the new card and all was fine.

I did initially have to speak to a human at Orange, so it's worth calling them when you get there.

I'm quite impressed with Orange, actually. Not the best coverage in the UK but not bad; however, their attitude about foreign customers is refreshing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most motorway services have a phone shop which sell pay as you go sim cards etc..

Enjoy the Cotswolds, it's a lovely part of the country.

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have just booked a trip to uk from usa
Can I preorder a sim card in the us so Ii am ready before I go on the trip?

Where does the sim card go in the iPad?

Thanks
IPadgypsy

Most reactions