What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PQI Air Bank cannot play movies

Dominique_R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently acquired an external Wifi hard drive called the PQI Air Bank.

I have installed the PQI Air+ app on my iPad and on my iPhone 5.

I have purchased a series of TV shows on iTunes (say, Game of Thrones), downloaded them onto my desktop PC, then copied them via simple drag-and-drop from the PC to the Video folder on the Air Bank.

Both the iPad and the iPhone connect to the Air Bank via wifi and on both devices I see the Video folder, the Game of Thrones sub-folder, and in that sub-folder the various episodes, each of them an m4v file.

Problem: when I click on any of them, the video playing interface launches, and two seconds later I get a warning message: "Ouverture impossible" (in French, means "Cannot open" or "Cannot read").

Anyone around here using the Air Bank? Any idea what may cause this and how to solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that movies bought via the iTunes Store are only able to be synced directly with your iPad via iTunes, and cannot be played in the manner you are trying due to DRM. A movie from another source should work fine by the method you are using.

OP
D

Dominique_R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh. So basically, I spent 150 euros in vain? :mad:

Is there no way to convert the .m4v into some other format that will play? .mov or .avi maybe?

Thanks for your help.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh. So basically, I spent 150 euros in vain? :mad:

Is there no way to convert the .m4v into some other format that will play? .mov or .avi maybe?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if there is software that breaks DRM, and doing so is likely illegal, so cannot discuss that here due to forum rules. It's not really a format issue anyway, the iTunes movie is tied to your AppleID when you bought it, so it just needs to be synced to your device directly. Alternatively, moving forward get your movies somewhere other than iTunes to use your portable device without any issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts