What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible to use ipad2 as hotspot for iphone?

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an ipad2 wifi + 3G with a different phone operator than the one I have on the iphone 3GS

is it possible to use the personal hotspot on the ipad2 to connect the iphone 3GS in the eventuality I dont have internet connection on the iphone 3GS ?

how can I do this?

thanks

Mario

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
marmagi said:
Hello,

I have an ipad2 wifi + 3G with a different phone operator than the one I have on the iphone 3GS

is it possible to use the personal hotspot on the ipad2 to connect the iphone 3GS in the eventuality I dont have internet connection on the iphone 3GS ?

how can I do this?

thanks

Mario

The iPad cannot be used as a personal hotspot whereas the iPhone 3GS can. That's just the way it is.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no idea :( maybe only on cydia? I have no idea, but hope they release it on the ipad3 as well as a much better camera :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
marmagi said:
no idea :( maybe only on cydia? I have no idea, but hope they release it on the ipad3 as well as a much better camera :(

Yes I think a lot of people would be very happy to have both these better features. Let's hope!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions