What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Popup windows javascript doesn't work on ipad

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to update my photography website with popup windows when s.o. clicks on a thumbnail. I copied JavaScript HTML which resizes the popup to match the image size to display the larger image. Works fine on the MacBook pro but doesn't work on my iPad. The popup image is huge! If you want check it out it is on my website at ****** I have only set up one photo at the moment o see if it would all work. Wondered if s.o. who is familiar with HTML, JavaScript and iPad quirks could help out?

Last edited by a moderator:

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect the problem is that the iOS does not support Flash.

There may be workarounds that someone can provide. Can you code the pages in HTML5, which is supported by iOS?

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The JavaScript doesn't use flash, it checks window size and re-adults to fit the image displayed. It seems the iPad handles popup windows differently to standard computer systems.

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should say "re-adjusts" window size!! Funny though when I clicked on the link in this app ( the link I put in the first message ), the popup works better!! It is obviously the quirks of Safari on the iPad!!

Most reactions