What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast playing too fast

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today my podcast playback is too fast. The speakers sound like they have had way too much cafine!

I never had this problem before today. It does it with old and recent downloads alike. Yet my music seems to play normally so its unique to the podcasts.

Last night I downloaded several podcasts (but didn't play any of them until today) and then recharged the iPad overnight.

I checked my sound and iPod settings, no help. I checked the user guide but no mention found there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Simonkey75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipad-answers.com
Hi sailorman

Very odd! Something has gone screwy in the playback software somewhere, which is telling the iPad to play the file at a different sample rate to what they were recorded at, but I suspect since it isn't affecting your music tracks on the device, it can probably be cured by syncing to iTunes, deleting the offending podcasts, re-downloading them and copying them back to the device.

Let us know if that cures it!

OP
S

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today my podcast playback is too fast. The speakers sound like they have had way too much cafine!

I never had this problem before today. It does it with old and recent downloads alike. Yet my music seems to play normally so its unique to the podcasts.

Last night I downloaded several podcasts (but didn't play any of them until today) and then recharged the iPad overnight.

I checked my sound and iPod settings, no help. I checked the user guide but no mention found there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
This problem was solved by a sales guy at the Apple store and he just stumbled upon the fix by playing with it while playing one of the podcasts.

He found that they were running at 2x speed which is selectable once the control screen is called up. It turns out that the choices are 1/2x, 1x and 2x.

I was very happy to see it was an easy answer!

Most reactions

Latest posts