What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with bluetooth

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to connect my iPad with my iphone 3GS I have turned the bluetooth on, on both devices and is not finding each other.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bluetooth in both the iPad and iPhone are only designed to connect to lesser devices such as a headset, I do not believe you can connect the directly together without either a special app or jail breaking them.

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

I wouldn't jailbreak my iPad but I would try a app. Would you recomend a app for me to do this?

Thanks again

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do, the apps just allow you to do what the program is meant to over bluetooth, for instance I've heard that the scrabble game uses bluetooth to allow the iphone to contain your pieces while the game board is on the iPad.

You are fairly limited to what you can do, things such as being able to tether over bluetooth are not possible without both items being jail broken.

If you want to stay within the world of apps, just search for an app that does what you want, maybe add the keyword bluetooth.

OP
I

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen a application called Camera For Ipad and your suppose to connect the iPhone to the iPad and what ever the iPhone views it shows up on the iPad.

That's what I would like to get but wanted to try Bluetooth before installing.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Camera A-B for that, but I with that app you have to have Wi-Fi.

I'm curious and may check out your app myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts