What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help now i am disappointed w ipad2

tbkelima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought ipad2 like 2 weeks ago. sorry i am new to ipad2.
i m very frustated now, as i found the device is too limited.. anyone can help what should i do , or any software or anything that can fix this:
1. why in ms exchange or email , i cant do attachment ???
2. why i cant delete the pic that been sync to itune? when i am outside.
3. what should i do when someone give me a rar files, i cant bloody open it. or i have to open email if i want to check it.
4. the camera or vidcam is totally sucks! when try to video indoor or at night outdoor the results is totally sux.. any app or something to help me fix this?
5. i cant do payment using master card =(..they asking for java auth.
any program or hardware to help me this?
6. i hv 64gb ipad2 . how to put my data files w size like 3gig to myipad2 ? im engineer i deal a lot w big files.
7. pple buy tablet so they can browse internet , but most of the website that i hv to deal with is using flash.. any program that can help me ? i already bought and install skyfire, but still no help.
8. i cant play full hd movie files mp4 format. its totally freeze and lag. myfriend tablet (not ipad) can run that file smoothly. i return to the apple store to ask about this, and they said , yes ipad2 cant play full hd movie (1080p)..is it true?

thanks for help

Last edited:

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If all of the above is a disappointment to you then I would just return the IPad and get a refund while you are still within the refund window.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every item you listed, is well known and has been beaten to dead. Hell the flash/Apple thing has been on Tv, print and the web for years.

Next time you are about to spend several hundred dollars on something, do 5 minutes of research and you will not have this problem.

Now as the iPad does not appear fit your needs, return it and move along.

Last edited:

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Sounds like you'd be better off with a ms windoze tablet pc, although how much it does what you need I've no idea

OP
T

tbkelima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the reply.
please from all the master of ipad user here. any constructive comments.

yea, its my mistake i didnt do research first.
pls dont tell me that this tablet cant be use best for business or work.
or is it for fun or games only?

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5. - you need to find another web site to use. Some websites use code that's not compatiable with the apple operating system. Send email to that website asking that they update their site to support apple products.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Admit it, you know you were thinking this!!

1. why in ms exchange or email , i cant do attachment ???

- You can receive attachments so long as you have a program to read the file. You can send attachments by emailing from the app containing the desired content, e.g. Photos or Pages.

2. why i cant delete the pic that been sync to itune? when i am outside.

- Until apple make iphoto for iPad (please please please) you can only view and not edit pics. Delete from your pc and sync again.

3. what should i do when someone give me a rar files, i cant bloody open it. or i have to open email if i want to check it.

- Ask them not to send rar files

4. the camera or vidcam is totally sucks! when try to video indoor or at night outdoor the results is totally sux.. any app or something to help me fix this?

- Buy a camera.

5. i cant do payment using master card =(..they asking for java auth.

- Amex

6. i hv 64gb ipad2 . how to put my data files w size like 3gig to myipad2 ? im engineer i deal a lot w big files.

- Buy a laptop

7. pple buy tablet so they can browse internet , but most of the website that i hv to deal with is using flash.. any program that can help me ? i already bought and install skyfire, but still no help.

- Surf different websites.

8. i cant play full hd movie files mp4 format. its totally freeze and lag. myfriend tablet (not ipad) can run that file smoothly. i return to the apple store to ask about this, and they said , yes ipad2 cant play full hd movie (1080p)..is it true?

- I bet you didn't buy on iTunes did you!!

Look, you cant do everything with an iPad and you never will. For some people the 20 things they do most often are amazing on iPad, it all depends what you do most often.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the reply.
please from all the master of ipad user here. any constructive comments.

yea, its my mistake i didnt do research first.
pls dont tell me that this tablet cant be use best for business or work.
or is it for fun or games only?

iPad(2) does easily what the average consumer wants to do. Get on the internet, exchange E-mails (not thru Outlook however) lots of photographic stuff ... though not photoshop level stuff ... can easily handle movies HD 720 ( on a small screen 720 is gorgeous) ... not 1080 however ... lots of entertainment of course. Not designed to exchange files like your used to.

I echo the above recommendations. Return it and get a Macbook Air or Pro.
The smallest Air has 64 GB of SSD storage (lightning fast) excellent battery life about 7 hours ... a lot better than most MS OS stuff. MS just released an upgrade to Office for Mac with full Exchange operations including Outlook. Flash is a real problem and Adobe is finally providing work arounds for those that feel the need to continue to work with Flash Web stuff.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes. Those are some harsh replies.

There are certainly folks for whom the iPads shortcomings would ruin the experience.

Each of the original posters complaints do not effect me but they ARE issues.

And I think it's easy to get caught up in the hype of this little miracle machine and purchase it thinking it's going to solve all of your problems.

For those who harped on the original poster about doing his research how many of you (like me) prepaid for an iPad 1 without knowing anything about it?

And to the original poster: when posting a question on a fan site I'd suggest leaving out words like "sux" and such. Your questions could have been worded better.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are limitations with the iPad but there are limitations with the other tablets as well. One thing that has bugged me is how controling Apple is with their apps and keeping it a closed source but at the same time we don't have to worry about apps with malware like android tablets do... it's a double edged sword. Honestly, looking at your list I think a laptop/netbook would suit your needs much better than any tablet that is out on the market. It will be more powerful, able to handle your large files much better, not have problems with Java or Flash, you'll be able to install what ever software you choose and it will still be small enough to take with you every where you go. If I were you I would return the iPad and start looking at a laptop/net book. I have a Asus netbook and I like it alot; the battery life is amazing (8.5 hours and the newer ones are even longer) and it has been able to do everything I have thrown at it including stitiching a 18 shot pano with RAW files in Photoshop CS4 (although it did take a little while but it still got it done). For me the tablet is another segment its self, not a replacement. By that I mean it falls in between a smart phone and laptop/netbook, it does not replace one or the other. I hope you find something that meets your needs better.

Last edited:

gforeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with the masses on this. You certainly didn't do your homework. As a matter of fact, it looks like you didn't even start your homework!

I love my iPad, but to think it would serve as my business machine is wishful thinking for sure. Take it back, and get a Windows tablet, or maybe an Android tablet. It really sounds like the iPad was a horrible decision on your part.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
There are limitations with the iPad but there are limitations with the other tablets as well. One thing that has bugged me is how controling Apple is with their apps and keeping it a closed source but at the same time we don't have to worry about apps with malware like android tablets do... it's a double edged sword Honestly, looking at your list I think a laptop/netbook would suit your needs much better than any tablet that is out on the market. It will be more powerful, able to handle your large files much better, not have problems with Java or Flash, you'll be able to install what ever software you choose and it will still be small enough to take with you every where you go. If I were you I would return the iPad and start looking at a laptop/net book. I have a Asus netbook and I like it alot; the battery life is amazing (8.5 hours and the newer ones are even longer) and it has been able to do everything I have thrown at it including stitiching a 18 shot pano with RAW files in Photoshop CS4 (although it did take a little while but it still got it done). For me the tablet is another segment its self, not a replacement. By that I mean it falls in between a smart phone and laptop/netbook, it does not replace one or the other. I hope you find something that meets your needs better.

Good post wookie. I keep going back to what Jobs said at the original iPad keynote, 'it must do some things better than a phone and some things better than a laptop'. We all use tech for different things so if what you need to do most often can't be done on an iPad then it's not gonna be for you.

I've just gone from desktop - netbook - iPad - iPhone to desktop - iPad - iPhone.

Some things have gotten a bit more difficult but overall it's been great. If I get really stuck then I drop into splashtop and pretend my iPad runs windows. Overall my iPad is much better and functional than my netbook but only because of the things I do most often are amazing on iPad.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are limitations with the iPad but there are limitations with the other tablets as well. One thing that has bugged me is how controling Apple is with their apps and keeping it a closed source but at the same time we don't have to worry about apps with malware like android tablets do... it's a double edged sword. Honestly, looking at your list I think a laptop/netbook would suit your needs much better than any tablet that is out on the market. It will be more powerful, able to handle your large files much better, not have problems with Java or Flash, you'll be able to install what ever software you choose and it will still be small enough to take with you every where you go. If I were you I would return the iPad and start looking at a laptop/net book. I have a Asus netbook and I like it alot; the battery life is amazing (8.5 hours and the newer ones are even longer) and it has been able to do everything I have thrown at it including stitiching a 18 shot pano with RAW files in Photoshop CS4 (although it did take a little while but it still got it done). For me the tablet is another segment its self, not a replacement. By that I mean it falls in between a smart phone and laptop/netbook, it does not replace one or the other. I hope you find something that meets your needs better.

Good post! Helpful and informative!

OP
T

tbkelima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the support and idea.
well , i dont want to give up. i ll keep my ipad. i ll dig a lot of research on how to do it. surely there is a way. maybe just dev or hacker knows how to do it. but i believe i ll find a way., i ll post here if i know how =) to share for everybody.

PS: i alrdy hv 17"notebk n desktop, i feel tablet much better for mobile.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts