What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please don’t tell me iPad-3 screen also has Backlight Bleeding issues !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh No ! Not again, now with this one also ? Does the iPad-3 also have a Backlight Bleeding issues ?? Even before getting it, it has sent shivers down my spine !! I have been reading about it. Ok, how does one identify if the one he has, has a Backlight bleeding issues ?

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
Oh No ! Not again, now with this one also ? Does the iPad-3 also have a Backlight Bleeding issues ?? Even before getting it, it has sent shivers down my spine !! I have been reading about it. Ok, how does one identify if the one he has, has a Backlight bleeding issues ?

Well I don't have any issues with mine.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Load a black background as a photo to view full screen. Get in a dark room. If you see any light bleeding along the edges, then you have the issue. However, I had this on my first iPad 2 and didn't worry about it at all because I could not even see it if anything is lit up on the screen. Typically, that is way brighter than the backlight bleed.

I checked my iPad3, I don't have any issues. It is more uniform than my first iPad2 was. However, this works on a case-by-case basis, so you have to check yours. But even if you do have some backlight bleed, don't freak out. It may or may not be a problem. You should consider if it hinders you in anyway. If the backlight bleed means that you can't enjoy watching movies on your iPad because of this extra light, then return it to apple for a replacement. But if you can't even notice it on the darker scences in movies (when it is more likely to be noticable), then don't worry yourself.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will tell you it doesnt have bleeing problems..Why would you even jump to this conclusion unless you are a very pesimistic guy??? You have nothing to worry about. I have had the issue on my iPad2 but the new iPad is perfect. (I checked). Might there be one out of a million with a back light bleeding problem???? Sure it might happen and some here have gotten one but Apple doesn't want to go through this agin like they did with the iPad2. I honestly never noticed bleeding on my iPad2 unless I was really looking for it. The bleeding under extreme lighting conditions never effected the performance of my last iPad2. If I look for it I can still find it but it never was a issue.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi Augustya-I am going to refer you to this thread below. There are 2 active threads that speaks about the same issues as you have posted and/or inquiring about.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/68204-backlight-bleeding-normal.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/67078-i-hope-there-no-back-light-bleeding-ipad-3-a.html

With this link, we will go ahead and close this thread out. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions