What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel problem with photo's taken on a mobile phone

traceyh09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, can anyone tell me if there is some kind of app i can use to clear up pixelated photo's taken on an old mobile phone so they look clearer ?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
There is PS Express that can smooth the image, but you won't get a clearer picture. You cannot enhance a pixelated picture to a clear one simply because the information has been lost already.

For example, let say that your old phone took a 320x240 pixels pictures. That gives you 76800 pixels to compose the image. There is not way to enhance that image to a 1024x768 format to have it crisper. Only thing that will happen is that each original pixel will be duplicated to be able to fill the 1024x768 grid.

Only possibilities are denoising, smoothing and sharpening to have kind of a better looking picture. But that's about it and results may vary from one picture to another...

If your old pictures are of a good size (like a 2MP and above), there is still hope to make them look better even if you loose a little bit of resolution..

Play around with PSExpress, it's free and can do some small miracles ;)

VicoPad addict!

OP
traceyh09

traceyh09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
There is PS Express that can smooth the image, but you won't get a clearer picture. You cannot enhance a pixelated picture to a clear one simply because the information has been lost already.

For example, let say that your old phone took a 320x240 pixels pictures. That gives you 76800 pixels to compose the image. There is not way to enhance that image to a 1024x768 format to have it crisper. Only thing that will happen is that each original pixel will be duplicated to be able to fill the 1024x768 grid.

Only possibilities are denoising, smoothing and sharpening to have kind of a better looking picture. But that's about it and results may vary from one picture to another...

If your old pictures are of a good size (like a 2MP and above), there is still hope to make them look better even if you loose a little bit of resolution..

Play around with PSExpress, it's free and can do some small miracles ;)

VicoPad addict!

Ok thanks alot for your help and for explaining it all to me cos i have no idea how these things work. :)

OP
traceyh09

traceyh09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
traceyh09 said:
Ok thanks alot for your help and for explaining it all to me cos i have no idea how these things work. :)

Um, you wouldnt happen to have a link to that would u! As incant findmit in the app store

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to search for "photoshop" as the product name is adobe photoshop express.

I'd love to provide a link but I still haven't figured out how to provide links to app store apps!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts