What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture order

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you keep your pictures from being in a random order when you select slide show on iPad?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You cant really change how they are sorted but they should not be in random order. They should be ordered by oldes at the top to newest at the bottom.

OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cant really change how they are sorted but they should not be in random order. They should be ordered by oldes at the top to newest at the bottom.

They are in the correct oder in Photos, but when I select Slide Show they are random. What is "oldes"?

OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
De-select "shuffle."

I am sorry to be so obtuse - but how do I do de-select "shuffle" on the iPad? (or in the album on my computer) I am new at this. Thank you very much for your help. I look forward to a reply.

Last edited:
OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soooo... if the iPad is sorting by date, can you change the date through modifying the older file names and reloading since the new files would have a different dates?

I tried this and it dind't work, but thanks for the suggestion. It could be that I did it incorrectly.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
De-select "shuffle."

I am sorry to be so obtuse - but how do I do de-select "shuffle" on the iPad? (or in the album on my computer) I am new at this. Thank you very much for your help. I look forward to a reply.

On my iPad all the pictures play in the same order, every time. The only way to change that is to use the Shuffle option, which is in Settings/Photo. The 3 options there are "Play Each Slide For," "Repeat" and "Shuffle."

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some form of organisation for photos is desperately needed. Let's hope apple will include some tweaks for the forthcoming upgrade.

I had some web images I saved and forwarded via email. They are now "saved" and no obvious way to delete them. Aargh!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some form of organisation for photos is desperately needed.

Big time. My slideshow/screensaver is pictures of all the cars I've owned over the years in chonological order. The only way I could do this was to delete the pictures and re-save them in the order I wanted - a hassle.

OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you do this?

Big time. My slideshow/screensaver is pictures of all the cars I've owned over the years in chonological order. The only way I could do this was to delete the pictures and re-save them in the order I wanted - a hassle.

I have them in the correct order in my album and when I select photo's on the iPad they are in the correct order, but when I select slide show on the iPad they are not in the correct order. I would like to know how you re-ordered them?

Thank you so much.

OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the pictures in the correct order in my album before I uploaded them and when I select "photos" on the iPad they are in the correct order BUT when I select "slide show" on the iPad they are out of sync. How did you re-order your pictures?

OP
S

sfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you do this?

I have them in the correct order in my album and when I select photo's on the iPad they are in the correct order, but when I select slide show on the iPad they are not in the correct order. I would like to know how you re-ordered them?

Thank you so much.

nilct

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was as frustrating as you guys out there trying to keep the pictures in order through sync process. I use photo presentation for my work which is compilation of different time and subjects. . I accidentally discovered that if you zip all your pictures in one folder and upload it to your ipad. The slide sequence would remain the same as you intented. The reason is that ipad sort it with time line when you sync the pictures. I think when you zip and unzip the file, it removes or change the original time line (when the pictures was taken) of the pictures. The ipad would arrange the photo as its unzip sequence as you put it in the folder.

Most reactions

Latest posts